Group Manager, Club Analytics
Major League Baseball is seeking an Analyst in the newly formed Club Analytics group. The Analyst serves as a key liaison to partner with Clubs to leverage analytics to drive business impact and growth. This role works closely with other departments at MLB (e.g. Marketing, Ticketing, and Technology) on high priority strategic initiatives.
- You enjoy working on open-ended questions – framing and unpacking big questions coherently, progressing toward thoughtful answers incrementally, and developing relevant information creatively.
- You work with others to develop and facilitate best practices for data and analytics.
- You are client focused.
- You value the importance of collaboration.
- You focus on the measurable impact of business initiatives through key performance indicators.
- You enjoy understanding details and complex interactions and distilling them into their simplest components.
- You are keen on educating Clubs about MLB analytics platforms and services and the value they can provide to Clubs.
- You manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- You are a flexible team player with a personable attitude who looks forward to developing positive, professional relationships with all levels of MLB and Clubs.
- College Graduate B.A. /B.S. degree with relevant academic major preferred.
- 3-4 years related experience is preferred.
- Highly professional manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical literacy preferred.
- Proficiency in quantitative data collection and analysis (e.g., SQL, Excel) is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of CRM, Data Warehousing, consumer marketing and how they all relate is preferred.
- Client-facing experience is preferred.
- A baseball and sports fan is preferred.