- Universal Certification
- Microsoft Office
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings
- Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards
- Monitor Maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency
- Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment
- Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
- Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program for the building.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
- Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
- Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends
- Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of office buildings.
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building automation, water treatment and fire life safety systems
- Good interpersonal and a positive team attitude
- Familiarity with computers and operations and office automation applications, including Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances to cover property portfolio.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Minimum Required Education:
- The number of individuals in the work group varies from one to twenty
- Will require daily interaction with teams in person, on the phone, and via email in order to perform the job
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs., climb ladders and work on roof tops.
- Stationary Engineer Class 1
- 4 years experience in electrical, HVAC trade, including rooftop units
- 4 years experience in backup systems (generator and UPS)
- Universal CFC certification