The Paymode-X Business Solutions (PBS) Group at Bottomline Technologies is seeking a software engineer to support the Paymode-X product platform. The PBS Group develops the best in class B2B settlement network (Paymode-X) that is the biggest and fastest growing settlement network. The Paymode-X team has a vision of becoming the predominant way businesses pay and get paid.
The Software Engineer is a hands-on developer who will be working on the next-generation transactional platform. This is a fast-paced and highly-visible role for an individual looking to work alongside a team of developers and testers in a distributed Agile model maintaining and troubleshooting core transaction processing systems.
This position is based out of our Portsmouth, NH or South Portland, ME office
- 3+ years of work experience in hands-on enterprise software and SaaS development using Java EE
- Real-time transaction system development in areas of electronic commerce, payments, or other related financial services
- Strong problem solving skills with an aptitude for learning and implementing emerging technologies
- Proven work experience in Agile / Scrum teams that are globally distributed
- Knowledge of large scale systems and a complete understanding of the challenges of creating and maintaining reference architectural standards
- Able to troubleshoot complex system issues using all available data points to develop hot fix or data fix script to allow critical system processing to be maintained within required SLAs
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Organized and self-directing with the ability to prioritize tasks to achieve results
- Expert in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Expertise in a testing framework such as: JUnit, HttpUnit, jWebUnit
- Real-world work experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JSP/Servlets, JDBC, JMS, EJB, etc.) and/or Structured Framework experience (i.e. Struts/Tiles, JSF, Spring MVC etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining REST services
- Solid experience in developing web application using HTML, DHTML, AJAX, JS and CSS
- Understanding of Object Relational Mapping (ORM) and shared memory persistence
- Experience developing Java EE applications on WebLogic, Tomcat or similar, is preferred
- Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts and development experience in ORACLE or similar enterprise database
- Ability to coordinate and report status to with other members of the project team including product owners, business system analysts, testers and stakeholders
- Good understanding of using structured development methods and tools
- Ability to be on-call for a rotating shift including off hours and weekends to handle production systems outages and system degradation that requires application developer support
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) principles with experience in testing web services using SOAP, WSDL
- Analyze current architecture for existing constraints, performance and scalability bottlenecks, and outmoded design or architectural components
- Proven analytical skills with ability to turn feature / function concepts into detail technical requirements
- Knowledge in using JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo
- Database certifications
- Agile Scrum certifications
About Bottomline Technologies:
- Bachelor of Science of equivalent experience
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Bottomline Technologies does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.