Customer Service/Front Desk Sales Associate, J. Morris Flowers
J. Morris Flowers is seeking a sales-driven and customer-focused person for our “front of house” customer service position who is passionate about our mission, team, core values, products and continually working to delight our clients.
- Greet and assist walk-in and phone-in customers by guiding them through choosing the right J. Morris Flowers product for their occasion using our signature SMILE Method
- Upsell floral arrangements as well as cross-sell add-ons such as chocolates, candles, greeting cards, etc.
- Intimately know each J. Morris Flowers products both year-round and seasonal including arrangements, giftware and flower varieties
- Work to reach weekly and monthly sales goals for new subscription sales
- Create new house accounts for customers in our Mercury system, maintain and update existing accounts as needed
- Process orders and payments, submit orders to designers for fulfillment
- Maintain “To-Go” cooler, submit requests to designers for new products to keep cooler continually stocked, assist with pricing and restocking giftware as needed
- Capture walk-in wedding and event sales leads to share with Wedding and Event Sales Consultant
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of displays, water and maintain plants
- Open and close boutique area using AM/PM checklist
- Troubleshoot customer issues with quality using our Freshness Guarantee 5-step process
- Share photos or “BloomSnaps” of arrangements with customers
- Work with designers to create custom designs for clients as needed, troubleshoot substitutions in arrangements when floral product is unavailable
- Exude a professional and thoughtful demeanor
- Provide concierge-level customer service
- Work as part of a team to reach our goals and troubleshoot
- Pay attention to details, follow-up on loose-ends
- Wear professional attire or J. Morris Flowers attire
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College-level degree preferred.
- 3 years of previous work experience in a similar position or field
- Computer skills including Google business suite, and ability to learn FTD Mercury, BloomNation and Stripe order management software
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift 20 pounds
About the Company:
J. Morris Flowers was founded in 2002 by owner Jennifer Morris and continues to create magazine-worthy florals and decor for weddings and events from Loudoun County’s wine country. The studio also offers upscale floral arrangements and gifts for everyday occasions at the studio boutique and also for delivery through an online store. J. Morris Flowers has been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, Washingtonian and Virginia Magazine. Stunning arrangements, always fresh and on time.
J. Morris Flowers is located at 120 East Market Street in historic old town Leesburg, Virginia.
J. Morris Flowers Mission
Our mission is to bring joy and beauty to our customers’ most important life moments through thoughtful floral design. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality flowers and plants, along with concierge-level service. We are fully dedicated to sustainability and supporting the community.
Our Core Values
Passionate Artists - We have a sincere love of flowers and the beauty they hold. We are dedicated to the art and practice of floral design and consider our role an honor.
Helpful Guides - We nurture each relationship, listen, and act as a trusted guide to our valued customers.
Team Players - We cultivate a partnership environment.
Committed Individuals - We strive for excellence and know success is in every detail.
Responsible Stewards - We strive to reduce our impact on the environment whenever possible.
Send resume, cover letter and reference.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Leesburg, VA 20176: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person