Position Title: Administrative Assistant – Primary Care Network
Department: Primary Care Networks
Title of Manager: Director, Network and Clinical Support
Supervises: Non-supervisory position
Employment Status: Regular – Non-Exempt
General Statement of Duties
Provides administrative support to the Director, Network and Clinical Support and department staff.
Essential Position Functions
- Exercise judgment, personal initiative and discretion to perform complex secretarial work with particular attention to detail
- Establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Support complex internal and external committees, meetings, and learning collaboratives
- Respond to internal and external customers in the absence of the managers
- Proactively manage and maintain calendars and compose correspondence with limited or no supervision
- Schedule multi-stakeholder meetings inside and outside the organization
- Type, proofread and draft a variety of reports, workflow documents and job aides, letters and memos
- Use standard word processing and spreadsheet software to produce documents, spreadsheets, charts and graphs
- Manipulate multidimensional spreadsheets to produce reports and display data as requested
- Record and transcribe meeting minutes
- Assume primary accountability for the ongoing maintenance of departmental Document Management System file storage
- Coordinate and project-manage program and departmental initiatives as directed
- Approve Care Innovation staff timesheets
- Collect, prepare and distribute appropriate materials for meetings as assigned
- Coordinate multi-stakeholder collaborative meetings including organizing speakers, material collation, space and catering needs, and travel arrangements for incoming staff as needed.
- Locate, assemble, edit and summarize material, information and data as requested
- Arrange catering and meeting room set-up, including equipment and materials
- Coordinate travel and training needs of Primary Care Network staff
- Coordinate conference calls
§Organize files to assure timely retrieval of information
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
- Provide coaching and training on specific job responsibilities
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities with changing priorities
- Ability to use good judgment, personal initiative and discretion to perform complex administrative work with particular attention to detail
- Strong grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Strong record keeping skills
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Business writing skills
Education and/or Experience
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of Managed Care
Three years of responsible administrative assistant experience, OR any work experience and/or training that would likely provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Administrative Assistant interacts with a variety of internal and external customers, which requires good judgment, personal initiative and a professional attitude. The person in this position will sit for long periods of time while recording minutes of meetings, answering phone calls and questions, scheduling meetings and appointments, and typing correspondence and other documents. Changes are frequent and time-sensitive, requiring flexibility and creative problem-solving skills. There may be times when the person in this position will be required to respond to questions in front of small and large groups.
The person in this position will be expected to possess a high degree of initiative and motivation along with the ability to effectively collaborate and plan with coworkers and others.
Personal computer and other standard office equipment for recording, storing and presenting information.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Veterans welcome to apply