Responsible for professional customer interactions, discovering new sales opportunities and up-selling efforts through collaboration with sales personnel, call center personnel and management. Manage personally assigned vehicle inventory, maintenance and reports. Work closely with the Division and Operations Managers and field supervisors to promote outstanding customer service, safety compliance and job assignments safely, on-time and within budget. Provide customers with solutions to all their HVAC/R needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures through the efficient and effective use of equipment, materials and human resources that include but are not limited to:
- Serve customers with a positive attitude, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Present options on every call and assist customers in making the best decision for their business.
- Refuse to Compromise Company or individual integrity by performing unnecessary services.
- Assist fellow employees whenever called upon to do so.
- Perform every job with technical excellence in order to live up to our industry leading warranties and guarantees.
- Remain current on license, certifications, training and safety requirements.
- Remain proficient on the tools and techniques of your craft and seek training and certifications to advance your career.
- Embrace a safety-first mentality both on and off the job.
- Promote the LCS image of being clean cut, trustworthy and professional at all times.
- Act with dignity and respect when dealing with our valued customers, vendors and fellow employees.
- Complete required forms, reports and approval processes using the provided tablets, computers, phone systems and software.
- Maintain, inspect and clean assigned vehicle and maintain and secure truck stock to promote time and material efficiency and present a professional image to the public.
HVAC Specific Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Diagnose and Repair HVACR equipment to ensure it meets and performs to manufacture’s specifications.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Discuss heating or cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems and verify that repairs corrected malfunctions.
- Repair or service heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to improve efficiency, such as by changing filters, cleaning condenser and evaporator coils using approved methods and chemicals
- Install, connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, or timers.
- Connect heating or air conditioning equipment to fuel, water, or refrigerant source to form complete circuit.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, or procedures, such as safety procedures or the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Install auxiliary components to heating or cooling equipment, such as expansion or discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues, or stokers.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment, according to wiring diagrams, using electrician's hand tools.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Record and report time, materials, faults, deficiencies, or other unusual occurrences on work orders.
- Install and test automatic, programmable, or wireless thermostats to specifications per customers.
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended or required by manufacture, or customer to ensure proper operation.
- Recommend, develop, or perform preventive or general maintenance procedures, such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, oiling parts, or changing filters.
- Cut or drill holes in floors, walls, or roof to install equipment, using power saws or drills.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe or tubing, using proper tools.
- Assemble, position, and mount heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints or manufacturer's specifications.
Refrigeration Specific Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and related industry test instruments.
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by following approved procedures and following EPA guidelines
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts and reassemble repaired systems.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches.
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Estimate, order, pick up, deliver, and install materials and supplies needed to maintain equipment in good working condition.
- Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system.
- Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration systems, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Schedule work with customers and initiate work orders, house requisitions, and orders from stock.
- Supervise and instruct assistants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Commercial HVAC/R trade as a licensed technician.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- TDLR Registered or Certified technician and EPA universal certification required.
The physical requirements for this job are diverse and will vary significantly from day to day. The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods, climb ladders and lift heavy objects.
- 3+ years Commercial HVACR Service experience preferred
- Ability to read blueprints is a plus
- Successful passing of drug screen and background check
- Clean driving record required
- Ability to work under stressful conditions which may include verbal confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights and weekends
- Ability to stand, walk and climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.
Generally an 8 hour workday which may begin at 7:00 or 8:00 am and ends approximately 4:00 or 5:00 pm. Nights, weekends and on-call rotations are required. Overtime as required in order to complete all assigned tasks of this position.
Indirect supervision of others may be required to complete assigned jobs or projects.
This is a full-time non-exempt position that is eligible for overtime.
- Eligibility for health, vision and dental coverage, 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts, subject to plan terms
- Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability and long-term care, subject to applicable waiting periods
- Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis after 90 days of employment
- Company-paid holidays
- Use of a company vehicle and fuel card
- Participate in the bonus plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lawton Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer which makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, age disability or marital status. This Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. This Company reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial HVACR: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- On call
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible