Emergency Assistance Front Desk Receptionist Information & Referral
25 hours per week $16.00/hour
Position Description: Primary responsibilities are:
To assist those calling Catholic Charities Christ House, for emergency financial aid in order to prevent eviction or utility shut off. Based on CCDA guidelines, the receptionist will screen callers for Emergency Assistance. Secondary responsibility is to answer the front door of those coming to Christ House.
- Answer and screen incoming calls.
- Put callers at ease and to make them feel their calls are welcome.
- Share questions with callers to determine their qualification for emergency financial assistance.
- Record the responses of the callers.
- Refer callers to other organizations if they do not qualify.
- Turn in the referral log to the case worker and advise if there are any priority cases.
- Remain current on the CCDA Guidelines for Emergency Financial Assistance.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Answer the Christ House front door and direct visitors.
- Provide backup support for Christ House emergency assistance staff.
- Support the pantry in preparing food bags.
- Some data entry (volunteer hours).
- Replenish lobby magazine racks with flyers, etc. / keep job board updated.
- Set up Emergency Assistance appointments.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong listening skills and demonstrated poise
- Ability to present a professional image.
- Ability to work in a team setting and also to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong internet skills.
- Associates degree
- Strong interest in helping underserved populations is a plus.
- The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds using such items as hand trucks, dollies and/or carts.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to use a computer keyboard and handle food; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Required to stoop, kneel or crouch and climb a ladder.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
holiday, sick, vacation