Granite Peak Fabrication’s purpose is to design and build the best processing equipment in the oil and gas business! Our team is committed to providing superior quality products and services, delivered on-time and at a competitive price, all while fostering long-term relationships with our customers. We specialize in ASME Code and Non-code Vessels, LACT/meter skids, water transfer/salt water disposal units, and other custom designed equipment to meet our customers’ needs. We are a fast-growing company seeking to build and sustain a culture that both values and recognizes hard work and superior performance, fosters a team-first mentality, and attracts and retains great people! We offer competitive pay and opportunities for growth. We are a seeking an experienced Estimator for our Casper, WY and Midland, Texas locations. This position can be fulfilled remotely, in person or on a Hybrid schedule.
1. Review customer RFQ specifications thoroughly and understand what is required for quotations.
2. Review each in detail to determine the following:
· Customer equipment need by date in the field
· RFQ submission deadline
· Complete conditions of service depending on type of equipment
· Is RFQ is similar to any past projects or a duplicate build
· Customer Specifications
3. Work with designers and engineers on creating cost competitive designs any RFQ’s that require drawing submittals.
4. Create detailed bid sheets and formal quotations for Oil and Gas production equipment.
5. Collect pricing from 3+ vendors for all material vendors and subcontractors.
6. Review any specific RFQ submittal requirements for completion such as health and safety questionnaires, facility capabilities, QC questionaries, project schedules, etc. Consult with President on any information requests.
7. Check all work for compliance with current GPF estimating SOP.
8. If RFQ is a duplicate ensure past jobs sale price, CM, change orders and actual labor hours are represented in the excel cost sheet for comparison on new bid.
9. Ensure there is adequate fabrication time for the project based on all long lead items.
10. Request bid margin from President after all work is completed.
11. Schedule bid review with Director Project Management before submitting to outside sales and/or customer.
12. Send detailed notes out to designers, Engineers and project Managers after award detailing, scope, long lead items, customer specifications and delivery requirements.
13. Store digital records of all quotes, RFQ’s and customer specifications per current GPF standards.
14. Work with engineering, drafting and project management to design efficient and competitive packages after project award to meet project scope requirements.
15. Relay pertinent information to purchasing in order to beat or meet project budget requirements.
16. Willingness to be flexible with job duties. Come in early and/or stay late as workload dictates.
1. Inform Account Manager, Director of Project Management and President when bid due date a cannot be met. Provide a minimum of 3 working days’ notice.
2. Inform Director of Project Management and President when vendor pricing availability is inadequate. Provide a minimum of 4 working days’ notice.
3. Inform President and Director of Project Management when there are mistakes uncovered on a bid or project resulting in loss of contribution margin. Provide root cause of issue, items in SOP’s not being adhered to or suggested changes in SOP’s to alleviate any problems in the future.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Midland, TX: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Pressure Vessel estimating: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Midland, TX