We are currently looking for a design-minded professional to join our team as a Design Sales Consultant. The position is a full-time opportunity designed to involve a hard working individual in many different facets of our design store and business. Strong candidates have a minimum of 1-2 years sales experience. The position is based at our showroom in Boston’s South End.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?:
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Extroverted, enthusiastic - a people person.
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Enjoys problem solving and selling on the showroom face to face with customers.
- Appreciation for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design.
- Professional business appearance and manner.
- Hard working and punctual.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on your feet for duration of the work day.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Selling home décor products including upholstery, furniture, tabletop, bedding, lighting and accessories to residential and trade clients
- Understanding clients' requirements and proving accurate, timely quotations including all item specifications
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive product portfolio
- Providing formal 'Design Assistance' including floor plans, furniture selections and finish recommendations
- Managing and resolving customer service issues
- Organizing and managing inbound logistics of custom furniture orders
- Providing weekly follow up on open orders
- Assisting with packing and managing shipments.
- College degree or work experience equivalent.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
- 2+ years of trade related sales experience, preferably in a furniture or luxury environment.
- Ability to work at least 1 weekend day a week.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Strong base salary plus bonus availability
- Benefits include: access to Tufts Healthcare Plan, 401k, paid vacation and educational opportunities
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes, we want to hear about it:
- Experience with selling custom furniture or made to order items.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Lightspeed Point of Sale (POS) for MAC.
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
This Company Describes Its Culture as: