The Nurse Extern delivers high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the Nurse Extern’s skills/training and the needs of the Department and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The Nurse Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists patients with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, and transferring according to the patient care/service plan.
- Documents the delivery of quality care in the patient's clinical record.
- Implements patient care that is appropriately documented; maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and responsibility with effective communication that promotes a positive working relationship with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Identifies changes in patient status or needs and communicates to the nurse timely.
What qualifications you will need:
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing required
- 1+ years of nursing school completed preferred
- Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Current BLS Certification from American Heart Association is required on all clinical nursing units. CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!