Fast growing sign company located in northeast Atlanta is looking for a sign installer for outdoor signs. Candidate must have experience installing various outdoor signs, including, but not limited to, building signs (both lighted and non-lighted), monument signs and post & panel signs. Applicant must be mechanically inclined, have basic electrical knowledge, be able to operate a bucket truck and have a good work ethic and attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Installation Work to include (but not limited to)
- Installation of Channel Letters, Lighted Sign Boxes/Cabinets, Non-lighted building signs, Stud-Mounted Dimensional Letters, Pole Banners and other outdoor sign installation that may require the use of either a ladder or bucket truck for installation.
- Installation of Post & Panel systems which includes digging holes, setting post and installing sign panels.
- Application of vinyl graphics to various surfaces on customers' sites (windows, walls, vehicles, etc.) including perforated and frosted/etched vinyl.
While the primary responsibility for this role is to do outdoor installations as described above, the job will also require some production work. Production Work to include (but not limited to):
- Vinyl Handling - accurately cutting prints using rulers and appropriate knives; weeding & masking RTA; laying media on different substrates such as coroplast, polymetal, magnet, PVC, acrylic and foam board; loading & using plotter/cuter; cutting & labeling vehicle wraps (and other large jobs) for installation.
- Lamination of Prints - be able to work with both cast and calendared laminates, using a roll to roll laminator or doing piece lamination when required.
- Substrate Handling - accurately cutting substrates using appropriate tools
- Keeping Production Area Clean by cleaning up after yourself and help with shop organization.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to operate a bucket truck and install outdoor signs.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum one to three years sign related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current valid Georgia driver's license and Clean Background Check. Position will also require a DOT Physical.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour