The Receptionist reports directly to the Vice President, Board and Government Relations and provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
This position shall be the central source for interoffice communications and to the extent possible be aware of the activities of all staff members in order that everyone has a central source for information.
- Understand the technical capabilities of the Center’s switchboard system and trains new employees in its operation.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, take messages and direct inquiries to the appropriate associates.
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contact information (both public and confidential) for all staff members and other Center stakeholders.
- Perform general support tasks such as faxing, copying, scanning, filing, assisting with mass mailings and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Schedule maintenance of office equipment as needed.
- Provide callers with information such as the Center’s address, fax numbers, website address, directions to the Center and other related information.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Monitor the inventory of all general office supplies and order, receive, stock and distribute office supplies.
- Prepare (or assists in the preparation of) spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Ensure reception area is kept neat and orderly.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of receptionist experience
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Professional appearance
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to work collectively with the administrative team associates.
The Receptionist should be:
- Action-oriented; a doer
- Affable, easy to get to know
- Highly energetic
- Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 20 pounds of materials.
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
Job Type: Full-time
- receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors