HARDSCAPE TECHNICIAN (Minimum 1 Year of Experience)
For full-time seasonal employment (April – December).
Our hardscape division is seeking a qualified individual to perform the duties of a Hardscape Technician. The Hardscape Technician is responsible for assisting the team in all on-site aspects of hardscape and landscape construction.
We are looking for an individual with relevant construction experience in the areas of paver patios and walkways , natural stone patios and walkways, stone walls, retaining walls, masonry and stone veneering, stone steps, fire pits, and general site excavation. The Hardscape Technician works under the supervision of the Hardscape Foreman and is expected to work productively with their team, follow direction, work autonomously when necessary, and complete all job-site duties assigned to them within the work day.
Cudmore Curbscapes is a woman-owned landscaping company based in Freeport, Maine. We are a passionate team of landscape professionals that value our customers and their projects. Most of our work takes place in Freeport, Yarmouth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Portland, Brunswick, and Topsham. We deliver high quality finished products for each customer, and hold ourselves to a high expectation, both individually and as a team. Our services include hardscaping, excavation, garden maintenance, and landscape design.
Including a great work schedule, you’ll get to work with fun, highly-skilled, and experienced professionals who take great pride in what they do. All of our equipment is newer and very well maintained. We’re always adding new equipment and tools to take advantage of all the latest back savers, and while we are not afraid of hard work, we always try to work smarter! Check out our social media to see some of our awesome equipment and the work we do.
- Kind and thoughtful. Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Growth-minded with the initiative to always learn
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a clean, valid Driver’s License*
- Must have a cellular phone
- Must have your own reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to work in all seasons and varying weather conditions
Job Specific Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-year in hardscape or landscape construction experience
- Knowledge of paver and natural stone material used in hardscape installations (preferred)
- Experience installing paver and natural stone patios (preferred)
- Experience building stone walls and retaining walls (preferred)
- Must be able to drive truck and trailer combos.
- Must be able to lift between 5lbs.–100lbs. regularly
- Knows how to safely handle weights heavier than 100lbs.
- Knows how to use various measurement devices i.e. levels, tape measure, and transit laser-level
- Ability to operate various loaders and excavators (preferred)
- Basic abilities in reading and understanding designs for projects
- Basic understanding of the elevations and dimensions used to implement the construction designs
- Eagerness to receive additional training or classes as needed
- Follows direction and carries out tasks assigned on each hardscape project.
- Safely drives and operates dump trucks w/trailers, all necessary tools and power equipment, and pre-approved loaders and excavators
- Execution of proper installation procedures for paver patios, walkways and stone walls using varying products and materials
- Responsible for having equipment and trucks fueled and loaded with equipment and materials necessary to complete work assignment.
- Responsible for managing all tools needed for the job including maintaining inventory control of them during jobs.
- The ability to work within the scope of estimates for projects and assists in the execution of daily goals with the team to meet or beat project estimates
- Assists with planning and organization for each project, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are always available
- Interacts with all clients, vendors, and other contractors in a friendly manner
- Completes the necessary paperwork including a personal timesheet, maintaining receipts, and tracking all relevant job information as necessary
- Responsible for reporting any important information from clients or vendors, regarding each project, to either the owner or foreman.
- Able to perform other duties outside of the listed job duties and qualifications
- Performs preventive maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a regular basis
- Follow safety standards set by Cudmore Curbscapes and OSHA
All applicants for this position will be screened using the above qualifications before being considered for a formal interview or testing.
If we feel you do not have the necessary qualifications, you may be considered for other positions within the company.
Additional licensing and accreditation classes are available through our company and vendors.
Please reply with resume and cover letter. EOE. Smoke Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time (Seasonal)
Pay: $20-25 per hour depending on experience
- Health insurance (Waiting time period)
- End of the year bonus
- Continuing education
- Employee discounts
- Boot allowance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Overtime (optional)
- Construction: 1-year (Minimum)
- Hardscape: 1-year (Minimum)
- Customer service: 1-year (Preferred)
- Landscape construction 1-year (Minimum)
- Driver's License (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
We ask all individuals to wear a mask during the interview process.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hardscape: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person