The Electrical Test Engineer is responsible for the development of new and re-manufactured electrical and electromechanical devices for the automotive transmission aftermarket. Designs and performs tests, creates capability to both capture relevant data and perform data analysis. The engineer completes technical evaluation and simulation of various drivetrain control architectures with focus on both component level as well as total system level testing to assure all electrical requirements are met. The Test Engineer will participate in team based continuous improvement activities with a focus on our business priorities of safety, quality, and delivery (timeliness).
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Outfits vehicles with DAQ (data acquisition system) to characterize and reverse engineer the operating systems of electromechanical devices.
- Creates and maintains LabVIEW Vi’s for DAQ system or other uses.
- Programs recorded data into test benches to simulate vehicle control systems.
- Designs hardware to be used in various test benches.
- Programs microcontroller and FPGA’s as needed to support hardware development.
- Creates and maintains schematics for various electronic devices.
- Designs and troubleshoots board level components for test equipment or new products
- Operates required machinery and equipment in a safe manner following established safety rules, and follow established tool and instrument control procedures.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical circuits and the ability to interpret the related schematic diagrams.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSME, BSEE) or Electrical Engineering Technology Bachelor of Science (EETBS) and minimum 1-3 years related work experience or internships.
- Proficiency in 3D Solid Works and PDM Works.
- Knowledge of automotive technology related to the drivetrain is desired but not required
- Knowledge of Quality Management ISO9001, problem solving, continuous improvement preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and report writing skills, attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and programming of automated tests systems.
- Problem solver, who easily collaborates for best outcomes and acts with high integrity
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment and leading teams desirable
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
This is a hands-on position and must be able to use hand and power tools, as well as work on vehicles.
Ability to wear required PPE for lab area, including safety shoes and eye protection.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: