As a Model Maker, you will work closely with our Model Shop and Design teams to solve practical, hands-on challenges as they arise. You'll develop an idea and make it into a three dimensional product, bringing the design or concept to life by operating a variety of machine tools and model making to produce cosmetic and functional models and prototypes.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Create models of concepts and products for evaluation and for focus group studies.
- Use Computer Aided Designs (CAD) to create 3D models according to established specifications.
- Collaborate with the Industrial Design team to ensure models and prototypes meet their design requirements.
- Engage with the Model Shop team to resolve complex design challenges and improve model shop workflow.
- 5 years of experience with setting up and operating manual machine tools (e.g. Bridgeport style mills, lathe and woodworking tools).
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product Design, etc.
- Experience in working with CNC machines and laser engravers and cutters.
- Experience and knowledge of the full spectrum of model and prototype development such as; 3D printing, CNC surface evaluation models, functional prototypes, and full appearance models with aesthetic finishes matching production-level appearance.
- Experience in training and developing team members in model making techniques and processes.
- Ability to devise and construct tools, dies, molds, jigs, and fixtures, or modify existing tools and equipment to achieve desired outcome.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.