Director – Early Learning Center – AdventHealth Orlando
601 East Rollins Street Orlando, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Full Time 8a – 5p, M-F
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops, maintains and updates service level agreements and contracts with partners and service providers.
- Ensures quality measures and reporting compliance is maintained for all contracts and agreements
- Ensures detailed reporting to the West Lakes Advisory Committee and other partners or regulatory bodies is completed
- Monitors program compliance with Head Start, DCF and applicable requirements and standards, as well as, all laws and regulations applicable to the operation of comprehensive early childhood programs
- Ensures staff credentialing compliance
- Ensures health and wellness wrap around services meet relevant accreditation, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Oversight for ensuring school physically well kept, attractive, and safe
- Oversight for ensuring playgrounds and equipment checked on a regular basis for repairs and/or maintenance
- Oversight for ensuring any incidents are reported, documented and resolved
- Maintains file management system for the West Lakes ELC
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET, FUNDRAISING AND FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY:
- Leads the annual budget development/review process.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring accurate and up to date fiscal management of the ELC.
- Provides monthly reports to AdventHealth Leadership on the budget, variances and actions required to ensure healthy financial management and sustainability of the ELC is maintained
- Monitors and reports on Non Federal Share (Early Head Start and School Readiness) contributions and develops strategies to improve capture of Non Federal Share generated by program operations
- Supports acquisition of mandated 20% Non Federal Share (Early Head Start and School Readiness) by identifying and establishing community partnerships that support program needs (i.e. local universities, staffing agencies, local business).Monitors of Head Start program spending
- Ensures that staff, parents and children receive appropriate and adequate supplies, equipment, and training materials to meet program goals and objectives
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing and payment
- Identify, engage, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals and corporations. Then recognize and continue stewardship with donors.
- Meets agreed fundraising targets in collaboration with AdventHealth Foundation for West Lakes Early Learning Center: AdventHealth for Children. In addition to the being required to meet fundraising targets in a twelve month period, the incumbent must contribute to the multi partner team effort annual gift expectation.
- Identify and cultivate prospects with senior leaders from AdventHealth for Children, Lift Orlando, the Communities of West Lakes and other local groups, and community members.
- Maintain an active computerized donor and prospect database. Prepare and submit contact reports and activity reports in a thorough and timely manner / enters information into the donor database system in a timely manner.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develops a strategic plan to ensure growth and enrollment at the West Lakes Early Learning Center.
- Develops and annual communications plan for stakeholders and is responsible for regular communication updates.
- Ensures that management develops and utilizes data-informed management strategies to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Oversees that all policies and procedures are being followed
- Identifies opportunities for research and engages relevant partners to develop plans for research and ongoing management of research initiatives
- Develops critical/strategic projects with minimal day-to-day direction or supervision and successfully complete projects as requested by senior executive team
COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develops the quality management framework including dashboards and scorecards for West Lakes Early Learning center which are aligned with existing AdventHealth strategies and priorities. Further identifies measures and goals which are identified in legal/contractual agreements and partner/footprint objectives.
- Provides monthly reports on performance and actions needed to address any areas of deficiency.
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff to emphasize the importance of the program achieving high standards of quality
- Convenes monthly meetings, generates and disseminates monthly program performance reports for these meetings, and ensures compliance with governance requirements
- Oversees parent, staff and community surveys and implements improvement plan
- Role models the principles of service and is aligned with the AdventHealth vision, mission, values and service standards.
- Represents AdventHealth as a senior leader in the community, sharing strategic and operation updates and receives feedback from community and partner stakeholders.
- Acts as the primary contact and conduit for all partners/stakeholders involved in the initiative including but not limited to:
- Bainum Family Foundation
- Primrose Schools
- Lift Orlando
- Orange Blossom Health (Federally Qualified Health Center)
- West Lakes Community Partnerships
- Other community advisory committees or groups
- POLIS institute
- Early Learning Coalition
- Other relevant philanthropic organizations
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Master’s degree in one of the following areas: Education/Early Childhood Education, or Leadership, or Child Development, or Public Administration or a Health Care Field, or a related degree
- Five (5) years management and supervision experience and experience in program management including planning, operations and evaluation
- If Bachelor’s degree only, ten (10) years of leadership experience required
- Experience working with multiple corporate partners and/or local community associations
- Experience in computer software programs; word, excel, power point, access, business/financial management, etc.
- Experience working in underserved communities
- Experience in the development of quality frameworks including dashboards, score cards
- Experience in fundraising at a local, state and national level
West Lakes Early Learning Center is an innovative and transformational early childhood education program which leverages the CREATION Health Framework. The Center is a 16 300 sqft, 155 seat, comprehensive, innovative and transformational early learning and wellness program based on the CREATION Health framework and designed to serve a mixed income community in the 32805 zip code of Orlando, Florida. The early learning center and outdoor play space is projected to be an integral part of the Community School campus being developed in the heart of LIFT Orlando’s focus area in the Communities of West Lakes. The ELC is part of AdventHealth for Children and will be accountable through the existing lines of authority.
This fundamental role ensures a comprehensive and integrated approach to Early Learning, Health and Wellness, comprehensive services and the concepts of CREATION are fully engrained in day to day operations and strategic management of the West Lakes Early Learning Center.
The incumbent has skills, education and experience that ensures that West Lakes Early Learning Center achieves and maintains:
1. High Quality Safe Operations (regulatory and compliance, company culture etc)
2. Fiscal Sustainability
3. Stakeholder Satisfaction (community, parents, partners, team members)
4. Excellent Outcomes (education, health and wellness)
This senior leader actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The incumbent ensures that the program operates at continuously increasing levels of quality and embodies the mission and vision of the West Lakes ELC. In particular this leader represents AdventHealth in the Communities of West Lakes and acts as an ambassador and liaison to provide information to and receive feedback from the community regarding activities and operations at West Lakes ELC as part of an overall place based community revitalization strategy.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.