For internal employees only – Location: Woodland Hills, Olathe, Phoenix or Grand Rapids Hub.
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
*This role will focus heavily on strategy and managing direct reports as well as indirect reports.*
Essential Job Functions
- Owns the research, development and design of more complex large size projects and programs with cross-business unit and/or enterprise level impact to drive innovation, improve process efficacy, resource productivity, claim quality, claim accuracy and customer service.
- Frequently interacts with senior claims and enterprise leadership on strategic issues. Regularly works with other Claims departments to continually monitor and evaluate the progress of short-term Claims initiatives related to the development and implementation of longer term initiatives.
- Participates in the shaping of line of business strategy and the formulation and periodic revision of operational objectives.
- Integrates the line of business, Claims and the corporate vision into recommended initiatives.
- In conjunction with the business lead, this role is responsible to develop, recommend and implement initiatives that define and support the line of business strategy.
- It applies data analytics, lean thinking, process improvement and change management skills to impact business outcomes for the line of business and across Claims.
- It is responsible to effectively execute and track the timely completion of project activities and milestones using process improvement techniques.
- Leverages all available sources, internal and external to support the business in understanding the competitive landscape and identifying new strategic opportunities for Farmers to provide innovative solutions to our customers.
- May serve as the primary point of contact for new vendor outreach to review technology solutions. The Strategy & Process Manager supervises, trains and mentors team members (direct or indirect reports) that may include individual contributors and other managers within the line of business.
- Collaborates with executive and functional leaders across multiple lines of business to develop, implement, and direct strategic initiatives and special projects within the line of business to achieve line of business and/or Claims organization goals.
- Organizes and leads broad teams, including within their span of control, focused on projects aligned with strategic business initiatives.
- Coordinates the development, consolidation, and preparation of assigned special projects, and project reporting and presentations for executive and functional leadership.
- Manages the change strategy for the department, including implementing and communicating change to create positive adoption and maintain positive employee engagement.
- Analyzes data and leverages it to tell a story around the results and benefits of an initiative. Present analysis to all levels of claims leadership as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates effective and timely progress toward accomplishment of long-range strategic initiatives, recommending corrective programs and actions where deficiencies exist, or where progress is less than satisfactory.
- Considers costs, benefits, risks, timelines, and chances of success when identifying, initiating and assessing solutions to complex issues that affect the line of business strategy.
- Addresses business impact and communicates these changes to Actuaries on business pattern changes.
- Communicates with Product and/or other business partners on potential impact of changes.
- Collaborates with employees of all level to determine business impact of possible changes and new technologies.
- Analyzes the impact of proposed new or revised processes prior to adoption.
- Utilizes decision making frameworks for assessing business requirements against new technology in order to evaluate vendor offerings.
- Helps shape how the Strategy & Process team will find new ways to engage with our customer base, both internal and external.
- Responsible for planning how the organization will stay connected to our customers’ feedback, as well as competitive intelligence Responsible for planning how the Strategy & Process function will engage externally to learn about new technology and the competitive landscape.
- For process roles, designs/documents complex business processes and completes the necessary research.
- Reviews and maps line of business processes, workflows and procedures, to proactively identify areas for improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 year college degree required
Special Skill Requirement
- For external candidates, eight (8) years of leadership or project/program management experience is required.
- For internal candidates, eight (8) years’ leadership experience, and/or demonstrated results in leading initiatives and driving change in your role.
- Proficiency in leading and managing remote employees.
- Demonstrated ability to partner successfully with cross functional technical and business teams (Finance, IT, Operations, Marketing) to establish project objectives, action plans and timelines.
- Ability to analyze business trends and understand upstream and downstream impacts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Online Research, Video Conferencing.
- Travel as needed (up to 25-50% depending on the need of the business) to claims operations to receive internal feedback on changes and evaluate the effectiveness of changes.
- Ability to comfortably work with ambiguity, while assessing new business opportunities that present both unknown opportunities and challenges to the business.
- Ability to lead and inspire others through ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with high visibility to meet goals to deliver improvements to market faster.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Proven ability to lead a team and drive an inclusive team work environment.
- Experience working with direct reports
United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids,United States, Kansas, Olathe,United States, Arizona, Phoenix