This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 18-HUD-647. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The Office of Multifamily Housing is responsible for the overall management, development, direction and administration of HUD's Multifamily Housing Programs. HUD's Multifamily programs provide mortgage insurance to HUD-approved lenders to facilitate the construction, substantial rehabilitation, purchase and refinancing of multifamily housing projects. MFH is widely responsible for production , asset management and portfolio oversight , and recapitalization of assisted properties, and field operations. As part of the National Housing Act of 1934, Congress created the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) which later became a part of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Office of Housing in 1965.
There is one vacancy for this position. This vacancy may be filled in any of the following duty locations:
Kansas City, KS
Fort Worth, TX
As an Information Specialist, you will:
-Initiate independent studies regarding processing and data-flow procedures in support of Multifamily Hub, Satellite Office, or Departmental housing data systems.
-Ensure adequacy, suitability, and implementation of local data flow and control procedures established by Data Base Managers and recommends improvements, where necessary.
-Evaluate system effectiveness and submits recommendations for system improvements or enhancements to the Operations Officer, Satellite Office Director, or Multifamily Hub Director.
-Monitor and perform periodic quality assurance checks of each Multifamily Hub data base ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of the data; taking appropriate corrective actions.
-Serve as the principal primary contact for the Multifamily Hub or Satellite Office throughout the office and Headquarters personnel on all matters pertaining to proper use of and operational support for all Multifamily Housing Data Systems.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals ; no prior Federal experience is required.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
• Planning, developing, and implementing projects involving management information systems; AND
• Providing technical assistance to management on management information system applications; AND
• Preparing reports by analyzing and extracting information from multiple data sources.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses may be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Recruitment incentive may be offered.
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HUD employees are prohibited under Section 7501.104, 5 Code of Federal Regulations from directly or indirectly owning, acquiring, or receiving:
- Federal Housing Authority debentures or certificate of claim;
- Financial interest in a project, including any single family dwelling or unit subsidized by HUD, or which is subject to a note or mortgage insured by HUD;
- Section 8 subsidies to or on behalf of a tenant of property you, your spouse, or a dependent child owns.
The following are exceptions to the Section 8 prohibition:
- The employee, or the employee's spouse or minor child acquires, without specific intent as through inheritance, a property in which a tenant receiving such a subsidy already resides;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy lived in the rental property before the employee worked for the Department;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy is a parent, child, grandchild, or sibling of the employee;
- The employee's, or the employee's spouse or minor child's, rental property has an incumbent tenant who has not previously received such a subsidy and becomes the beneficiary thereof; or
- The location of the rental property is in a Presidentially declared emergency or natural disaster area and the employee receives prior written approval from an agency designee.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating : Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Project Management, Communication, and Systems and Technology skills. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories: Best Qualified , Better Qualified , and Qualified (Good) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category.
Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral : If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP )) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
A complete application includes 1. A resume, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips .
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are claiming veterans preference, please see applicant guide for required documentation In order to be considered for veterans preference, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide .
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Location Affordability Portal (LAP): The LAP provides estimates of household housing and transportation costs at the neighborhood level to help make more informed decisions about where to live, work, and invest.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.