The selected applicant will work as part of a dynamic team providing analysis and design of space systems and related technical projects. The role will be comprised of both engineering analysis and design work, including communication of concepts and analysis to clients with varying levels of technical knowledge. In addition, tasking will include travel to sites inside the continental US to participate in reviews, conduct discussions with technical performers, and provide support for test and evaluation efforts.
The New Concepts team works closely with clients to address their most challenging problems. The team works with defense, intelligence, energy, and other topics both for the US government and commercial markets. Team members enjoy opportunities for advancement and personal development through a mixture of strategic client engagement and responsive tactical efforts. Furthermore, a diverse set of client challenges support team members acquiring new skills both tangential and unique to their current capabilities. The New Concepts team is seeking individuals interested in harnessing this wide breadth of opportunities, through the proactive, consistent pursuit of excellence.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience with space systems analysis and design
- 2+ years of experience with remote sensing, RF or optical communications, or cooperative and noncooperative geolocation
- Experience with conducting assessments of engineering designs
- Knowledge of contemporary small satellite systems and space mission elements, including buses, payloads, launch, ground stations, and operations
- Knowledge of space mission life cycle processes, including design, fabrication, integrations, testing, launch delivery, and operational deployment
- Ability to interact directly with clients to identify problems, analyze data, generate solutions, and communicate results
- Ability to support travel up to six weeks per year
- Active Secret clearance
- BS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, EE, or ME
- Experience with modeling and simulating spacecraft missions or subcomponents
- Experience in a client-facing or consulting role
- Experience with engaging subject matter experts and managing small 1-2 person tasks
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.