Location: Independence, OH
Duration: 1-year assignment
****US Citizen candidates only****
The Landing Gear Military Estimating group has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst with a focus on Military Cost Estimating Duties include, but are not limited to:
Develop proposals and financial analysis for development, production and spare part quotes to aid management in business decisions that support contract negotiations. Assist our customers by providing accurate cost estimating information for all proposal fact finds.
Create proposals in Microsoft Excel in response to customer inquiries and accumulate supporting data for each proposal in accordance with the customer requirements. Applicant will work with bills-of-material, purchase order data, supplier quotes, manufacturing routings and overhead rates to create the proposals. Reconcile prior year financial estimates to the forward-looking proposal financial estimates. Accurately document the assumptions that the cost estimate is based on.
Support supplier negotiations by performing cost analysis and pricing options with Supply Chain Management.
Will be able to work independently, determining daily priorities and problem solve by oneself. Applicant will be able to complete a large volume of proposals with accuracy and timeliness.
Create the financial return analysis, termination and liability analysis and expenditure analysis. Applicant will prepare a written proposal summary documenting the proposal assumptions and the potential risks and benefits of the proposal.
Coordinate cross functionally with other global sites to accumulate and analyze data from other departments such as Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations and Program Management.
Provide accurate margin analysis for Program Management in support of customer negotiations. Support fact-finding inquiries as required by the customer or government auditors.
Participate in cross functional continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of the cost estimating process.
- Four-year college degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA or CPA is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial analysis, cost accounting or cost estimating.
- Prefer minimum 3 years finance experience in an Aerospace/Government manufacturing contracting environment.
- High level of self-initiative and bias for action.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- Strong systems capability required (MS Office) including superior Excel skills.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
Travel Required: < 10%
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $34.17 /hour
- SAP: 3 years (Required)
- Financial Analysis: 3 years (Required)
- Cost Accounting / Cost Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- Aerospace/Government manufacturing: 3 years (Required)