PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE
About Matthews Brothers Dredging, Inc,: Matthews Brothers Dredging, Inc.is a family owned business located in Pass Christian, MS. We have been in operation for 20 Years and we are still growing. We have state of the art equipment, possess a strong safety record and offer opportunities for advancement and long term commitment to employees. Visit our website at www.matthewsbrothersinc.net. To apply, download a copy of the company application from our website and email the completed application to the jobs address on our website.
Work and remain aboard watercraft in excellent crew quarters, such as tug boats, barges, dredge barges and other vessels, while performing maritime dredging and maritime transportation operations. Work schedule is based on 20 days to 21days on and a 10 day off crew rotation. Excellent pay, room for advancement, lodging, meals and laundry service provided while on shift. Experience is welcomed, but not required, a strong work ethic, wiliness to learn, a proactive can do spirit, while maintaining a safe work environment is mandatory.
Duties Include learning and participating in the field of Maritime Dredging and the following tasks and duties.
- Handle lines to moor vessels to wharves, pilings and mooring structures; tie up vessel to another vessel, rig tow lines, make-up barges to other barges with wires chains and rackets.
- Performance of routine maintenance and overall good housekeeping aboard vessels
- Sweep and wash decks.
- Lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Splice and repair cables and ropes.
- Monitor and examine cables that hold vessels in tow and adjust as necessary.
Physical Requirements - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb vertical ladders and balance. Employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb stairs and or steps while maintaining balance. Sustain or repeatedly achieve a twisted position at the waist and sustain or repeatedly achieve a bent over position at the waist. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee is occasionally required to sit and talk, hear, taste or smell.
Qualifications: Must have a Valid Drivers License, Reliable Transportation, Be Drug Free, be a Team Player. Experience preferred, but not required if you possess a willingness to learn.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160.00 - $200.00 per day
- Dredging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inland Marine: 1 year (Required)
- Heavy Outdoor Labor: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 12 hour shift