Mixed (rotating weekends)
Position Title :
Emergency Room Nurse Float ( RN )
North Suburban Medical Center
9191 Grant Street Thornton, CO 80229
Affordable Housing in Thornton , CO
Only 10 miles northeast of downtown Denver, this town is also great for commuters. Just because things are affordable here doesn’t mean you will be missing out on public amenities . With 81 city parks, 80 miles of trails, and over 2,000 acres of public green space, Thornton is one place where you might be paying less but you won’t feel like you’re losing much value.
OUR EMERGENCY SERVICE LINES:
Why Choose to be an Emergency Room Nurse at our Hospital :
- Level III Trauma Center, survey for Level II in 2018
- Top performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission each of the last four years
- Joint Commission Certification in Primary Stroke Care
- Joint Commission Certification in Sepsis Care
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center accreditation
- Pediatric ER staffed with Pediatric ER nurses and board-certified pediatricians
- Closely connected to the EMS community which allows for more physician interactions with patients for ongoing learning experiences
- Professional Development opportunities including a $5,250 tuition reimbursement per year .
The Registered Nurse provides age appropriate care to his/her patients based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC. The Registered Nurse displays positive support for NSMC as well as the entire HealthONE organization. The RN cares for neonatal to geriatric patients.
Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado. (May work with a current RN compact license from another state for the 1st 180 days of employment). Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS and TNCC required. ENPC & NRP certification preferred.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
1 to 2 years acute care/ specialty nursing desired.
Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.