The IT - Site Lead will have two main roles: Application Analyst and Desktop Support Lead
The Applications Analyst gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and with build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives.
The Desktop Support Lead provides specialized technical problem solving and problem resolution skills and be able to work with management and Enterprise IT to resolve complex business, computer system and data communication problems. Install, upgrade and maintain hardware & software products.
In this role you will provide support and quality service to client community by installing, inspecting, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers, peripherals, network printers, and telecommunications. This position requires broad based skills related to servers, active directory, networking infrastructure modalities include data, voice, image, video and fax. This position is a senior level position solving more complex problems independently.
1. Assists in the coordination of end user support activities.
2. Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
3. Performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
4. Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
5. Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping the client move towards optimal solution.
6. Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
7. Creates system specifications from user requirements.
8. Creates test plans and tests new systems version upgrades, and any system modifications.
9. Documents all outcomes of testing, application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
10. Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
11. Handles basic issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher level staff.
12. Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
13. Recommends areas for process improvements.
14. Provides on-call support for applications.
15. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
16. Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
17. Working Conditions: Lifts a minimum of 35 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Desktop Support Lead:
1. Receive and respond to incoming phone calls, tickets, and e-mail requests for support.
2. Act as a point of escalation for a team of helpdesk technicians and end users.
3. Manage problems through resolution with clear communication and status updates for affected users and management.
4. Deliver white gloves service for senior management and VIP users.
5. Assist with AV setup for conference calls, board meetings, and town halls. Prioritize and assign service requests to members of the team throughout the day.
6. Make sure that assignments are scheduled and completely in a timely manner. Plan oversee and execute user moves in the evenings and/or weekends.
7. Perform tickets analysis to identify common issues and trends. Recommend corrective actions to eradicate underlying root causes.
8. Engage with Desktop and Windows engineering, IT service management, and other teams to design and implement remedial plans.
9. Document troubleshooting guides and maintain team knowledge base. Write technical procedures for configuration and deployment of hardware, software and related products. Submit, assign, and monitor tickets in Service Now queue.
10. Prioritize the workload based on sensitivity and impact, follow up on open tickets to make sure issues are resolved within the SLA. Publish Service Now KPI reports for management reporting. Evaluate and improve skill set of helpdesk technicians through documentation, training and mentorship.
11. Participate in on-call rotation for support issues raised outside of business hours and on the weekends. Manage VOIP phones, turrets and mobile devices Collaborate with infrastructure and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the desktop computing environment.
12. Provide operational support and administration for various application servers and systems as necessary. Conduct independent research by reading knowledgebase articles, manuals, and procedure documents. Research, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies. Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning to meet future needs.