Holding Space Psychotherapy is a specialty psychotherapy practice located in Westlake (west Cleveland) we are seeking to add an intern(s) to join our team. The mission of the practice is to provide counseling, advocacy and resources focused specifically on women's mental health. Our goal is to provide holistic care for women and families.
Holding Space Psychotherapy offers individual, couples and group therapy, and psychiatry services on site. This position provides the opportunity for therapists to treat a range of issues directly related to perinatal mental health, including: family planning, infertility, pregnancy loss, fetal anomalies, depression/anxiety during pregnancy & postpartum, birth trauma, and the parenthood journey.
- This position is for a Masters Level Social Work student
*15 - 30 Hours/Week, very flexible.
- Experience demonstrating excellence in problem-solving, collaboration and clinical competencies in providing services to youth and their families or willingness to learn these skills.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Able to receive feedback and direction
What you will receive:
- The opportunity to apply theories from the classroom to daily mental health practice with a variety of populations.
- Professional hands-on experience often with assigned caseload.
- Shadowing licensed professionals.
- Group and or individual clinical supervision.
- Experience with electronic medical records systems.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter with information regarding their need for a field placement/internship
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift