Positions available in Melissa, TX and Paris, TX.
Construction Inspector will be responsible for the inspection of construction activities on heavy highway construction projects. Construction Inspectors will be assigned to projects and will be on-site on a daily basis. Selected candidates will also be responsible for completing appropriate forms and paperwork for on construction activities completed each day. Project assignments may be located throughout the state of Oklahoma. Construction Inspectors will report directly to the project engineer for each particular project as well as to the EST, Inc. Construction Services Manager.
- Inspects the construction of roads, bridges, utilities and various other construction and maintenance projects. Insures that the projects are completed according to plans and specifications and enforces contract provisions.
- Sets up field books and cross section books. Measures and calculates quantities of work done for contractor and final estimates; maintains records for documentation of all work performed.
- Computes data for staking a project and calculates pay quantities; performs routine construction surveying procedures; computes structure lengths for staking roadway boxes and pipes; records level notes; computes corrections (fills or cuts) for construction staking procedures.
- Operates and utilizes nuclear density gauges, positester, sling physicrometer, transit, level and other tools and instruments for the construction inspection process.
- Inspects and insures that materials used on projects meet specifications.
- Inspects placement of sub-base; inspects construction of curb and gutters; samples stockpiles of materials; runs proctor on soils for unit weight/cubic foot; runs moisture test on soils.
- Inspects placement of concrete and plant mix asphalt for roadway, bridge and other structures; inspects the removal of forms from concrete structures using specifications for test results. Measures and inspects the curing of concrete for bridge structures and retaining walls.
- Inspects common, unclassified and roadway excavation, embankment, borrow pits and removal, storage and placement of topsoil.
- Observes the weighing and blending of materials at asphalt plants to insure proper proportions of correct material is used; obtains samples of liquid asphalt from transports at receiving point or from storage tanks.
10.Travels extensively to job sites for construction inspection.
- Works and interacts with a variety of clients, contractors, property owners, state and municipal officials, materials contractors, engineers, inspectors, engineering and construction firms.
- Supervises and trains new employees in the performance of construction inspection procedures.
- Performs additional duties as required.
Preferred candidates would have a minimum of three years of heavy highway construction inspection experience and experience with water and/or waste water treatment inspection. Candidate must be proficient in reading and understanding construction plans and specifications and familiar with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SiteManager, and internet/email usage. Candidates shall have or be able to obtain certifications required by ODOT. Candidates shall also have the ability to be on their feet for long periods of time, have flexible work hours, meet the requirements to drive a company vehicle, and be willing to relocate to project locations temporarily if necessary. Projects that require temporary relocation will include lodging and per diem expenses.
Competitive Wages, Company Matching 401K, Paid Holidays, Personal Time Off, Paid Training for Required Certifications , and Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
*must have valid drivers license*
Job Type: Full-time