Meritage Homes is looking for an Applications Development Manager. The role of Applications Development Manager in our organization performs a key function in the continuous provision of Application and Development Services. In an organization that believes technology supports good processes, this position ensures the business has the tools it requires to work operationally.
The individual must have significant experience in managing Applications and Development services, with a high level of technical competence and a strong understanding of Agile and ITIL processes. The ability to manage multiple development support activities and projects while keeping the business informed and engaged are essential skills utilized on a daily basis.
The individual will have excellent management skills, providing leadership, coaching and mentoring as part of their daily activities. An exceptional sense of customer service is needed to both provide an example for the team and to re-engage with the organization. As this is a business facing role, they will also have excellent communication skills and be able to quickly articulate progress to business users from line level to Executive Vice President.
Responsibilities and duties
- Leads the development groups in technical architecture.
- Design efficient and effective integrations to complex systems.
- Implements the overall policies and goals for the development team.
- Supports Agile and ITIL processes are adhered to by development team.
- Plan and execute development projects, ensuring that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timeline while measuring and communicating progress.
- Identify and execute on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture.
- Provide strategic IT leadership across multiple vendor partnerships and other IT managers.
- Ensures compliance with security and audit policies and practices.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of and provides consultation on new technology and system needs of the organization; formulates short-term and long-term plans accordingly.
- Has accountability for performance, development and coaching of staff (i.e. hiring, firing, performance management, salary increases, etc.).
- Work with other IT leadership to ensure IT Roadmap is created for long term success of the IT operations and business.
- Assist with Applications budgeting process to create and maintain an effective operating structure.
- Regularly reports against goals and objectives and ensures both IT senior management and the business are kept proactively informed on progress and activities.
- Ensures collaborative working practices are implemented and encouraged within the team, across the team, and with business partners.
- Is responsible for tracking and removing obstacles or impediments to Development team or escalating as appropriate.
- Responsible for regularly reviewing vendor partnerships, ensuring Service Levels are met or exceeded and financial claw backs are obtained when appropriate.
- Maintains a strong ethical approach to vendors, customers and staff which is aligned with the ethical principles of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking current practices; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related degree.
- 5+ Years of experience in managing development teams.
- ITIL and Agile training and qualifications.
- Additional years of experience in Development roles will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Strong understanding of Agile & ITIL methodologies and processes.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience developing public facing websites.
- Experience with fully integrated systems.
- Proven experience in managing Development teams.
- Strong knowledge of Architecture, Solutions development and Applications governance.
- Strong and broad Applications & Development technical knowledge and architecture.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- Excellent prioritization and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of basic principles of Project Management (PMI or similar methodologies).
- Identifies risks, issues, decisions and assumptions and resolves or escalates them appropriately.
- Is highly driven towards on-time, on-budget deliverables that meet the company’s objectives.
- Able to see the larger picture while still being detail conscious, ensuring all Development goals are understood while still delivering the requisite high quality day to day services.
- Experience managing custom Salesforce environments preferred
- Experience with Sitecore CMS preferred
From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we’re about doing things that actually make a difference in your life and the way you live. Meritage Homes is a thriving company that believes in building beautiful, incredibly innovative and energy-efficient homes people adore.
We were the first national top 10 homebuilder to have every home we build be 100% ENERGY STAR® certified. And with more than 100,000 homes built, our focus, since day one, has been to build incredible new homes and communities in prime locations for fantastic prices. But more than anything, we build energy-efficient homes and communities for people who appreciate a home being built the way it can, and should, be built. And for the staff at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for an enjoyable career.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in a number of ways, including:
- An entrepreneurial work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- A competitive drive to be the best
- Pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment, superior service, and exceptional value
- Top-notch benefits
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital asset