What is Spreetail
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that currently operates VMInnovations, a multi-marketplace retailer that sells thousands of awesome products through major marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. Spreetail is currently in the middle of building something big, new, and exciting due to launch in 2019 with a simple mission: to make customers’ lives better through exceptionally fast service, great products, and community impact.
Originally from Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has recently expanded into two new offices based in Omaha, NE and Austin, TX with rapidly growing teams. We currently have hundreds of employees across the company, and are searching for crazy smart, talented, visionary people.
Who is a Spreetailer
Spreetailers are collaborative go-getters who say bring it on when faced with a challenge. We build technology, run warehouses, market products, recruit top-notch talent, and create original community-focused programs that make a real-world impact. No day is the same and we thrive in a dynamic, innovative environment. We aren't part of your typical company and we're proud of that.
Our culture is based on opportunity, openness, relationship building, and hard work. We believe this is what makes everyone happy and fulfilled with their positions in the long run.
As the Sr. Merchandising Operations Manager, you will:
- Grow, develop, and lead a large team of copywriters, product content specialists, and quality analysts who directly support Spreetail’s product catalog
- Develop and implement strategic plan for merchandising department as it relates to item content
- Oversee item content life cycle at every stage of production: data acquisition, product research, attribution, copy creation, visual asset development, item launch, QA efforts, and category audits
- Drive workflow improvements and automation opportunities from both people and process standpoints
- Work closely with stakeholders across the merchandising organization to define product content standards and quality metrics, while also partnering with marketing and creative to tailor item content to our customers
- Serve as primary owner and stakeholder of Product Information Management (PIM) systems and solutions, with a key outcome including the roll-out of a portal which allows vendors to directly supply the content team with item data and assets
- Participate in site feature research, testing, implementation, and analysis alongside our UX, site, and product teams
- Oversee the sourcing and maintenance of accurate, approved, and up-to-date product content (including product specifications, imagery, copy, pricing and rich marketing content) by proofing and auditing, assisting in the optimization of content, and the quality and integrity of images and videos
- Communicate with creative department for asset creation needs and ensure all branding guidelines are maintained across the website.
- Work on quality improvement initiatives in reducing customer contacts as they relate to item content
- Ensure item content on Spreetail’s channels is accurate, engaging, relevant to the consumer and consistent with consistent brand messaging and retailer online requirements
We look forward to learning more about your experience with:
- Ability to scale people, processes, and programs as Spreetail’s product catalog and channels rapidly grow
- Analytically minded and ability to utilize analytics to prioritize content needs and impact across the organization
- Strong command of utilizing technology and tools to manage and communicate with a large team across multiple office locations
- Demonstrated skill in project management and prioritization
- Ability to justify decisions and measure results through data and analytical acumen
- Experience serving as primary liaison between production and all other departments including marketing, software, product & engineering, vendor management, and legal
- 5+ years of industry experience in ecommerce or a relevant site operations field
- Skill at analyzing and interpreting data and distilling it to solve problems and give actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to organize team processes and workflow to guarantee delivery of stakeholder requirements
- Proven track record of prioritizing and delivering projects in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Technical proficiency in content management tools, policies, and procedures
- Strong team development and leadership skills
We believe in making employees’ lives easier with benefits that enhance their quality of life. To reward your hard work and dedication, Spreetail offers:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Generous Vacation Time. Hourly team members enjoy 20 days of PTO each year and salaried employees are granted untracked PTO.
- Health Insurance. Spreetail pays your full monthly premium.
- Home Owner Bonus. After 2 years, Spreetail supports your purchase of a home with a $5k bonus.
- Company Trips. Each time we hit our goals, we fly to a new destination.
- 3 Year Island Getaway. You and a guest get a 5-star beach vacation.
- 5 Year Sabbatical. Take 10 days off to reward your time in the office.
- Donation Match. We match you dollar-for-dollar up to $250/year, and up to $1,000/year after 5 years.
- Stock Appreciation Rights. As Spreetail grows, so does your bank account.
- Leadership Development. We invest in making you a stronger team member.
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.