Essential functions of the job ...
Based in Fort Morgan, Colorado, you will oversee a large wireless network deployment project to deliver equipment, install, integrate and optimize a new Radio Access Network (RAN) at 400+ radio sites in Nebraska and Eastern Colorado. You will work closely with RF Engineers, MW engineers, Operations Technicians, Tower Crews, Contractors and Sr. Management personnel. Scope and responsibilities include co-creating and overseeing processes for procurement, shipping/receiving and delivery of base station equipment, tower mounted equipment and materials needed for the project. RF design, Transport and Backhaul design. Process and procedures for installation, integration and optimization are all components of the key Milestones used to ensure a successful deployment. Creating metrics, developing dashboards, distributing periodic team status reports and generating presentations to update the executive team is required periodically throughout the project.
Working with Network Admin’s, using Quick Base, you will create databases and apps used by the collective team for status reporting and project status tracking. This will also be the primary mechanism for project reporting.
Essential functions of the job:
- Manage project relative to the financial, and regulatory approval processes.
- Work closely with Operations personnel to plan, schedule, and track and manage a site survey and inventory review, subsequently uploading documented information to central databases.
- Work closely with RF Engineering to ensure a qualified RF Design is completed and well documented allowing all other functional areas to use effectively
- Work closely with RF, Real Estate and Transport Engineers to ensure cell site construction issues are cleared and requirements are met.
- Assist with creating an effective B.O.M. for all equipment to be used on the project. Integrate the materials list into the QB database for shipping and receiving control functions
- Track and manage
- Tower equipment decommission and installation work.
- Base Station equipment installation and power up.
- Base Station integration, Optimization and call testing.
- Work with outside vendors including General Contractors and Architectural & Engineering firms on project design and priorities to meet standards and build schedules.
- Host weekly planning and working sessions with primary stakeholders to review project status, define critical issues, develop deliverables and associated timelines, assign primes and track action items.
- Develop and maintain a detailed schedule for each project and actively manage the scheduled tasks with outside vendors including major milestones, action items, long lead purchases and any other commitments that would impact the project schedule.
- Provide periodic reports to executive teams that identify critical risks & proposed solutions.
You Are The Type Of Person Who Is...
Proactive by nature and stays ahead of the tasks at hand. Foresees problems before they occur and takes steps necessary to mitigate issues that could cause project delays. Works well in a close knit working group of peers and Sr. Managers. Is confident in your abilities, can work with little direction in sometimes chaotic environments. Can juggle many tasks at once and can reprioritize quickly as needed. Understands that success is a result of a total team effort not just one or two individuals. Lastly you have great interpersonal skills and can negotiate effectively across a diverse cross-functional team.
You’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
Even Better If You Have
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience using Quick Base tools for Project Management
- Experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
- Project management certification.
- Experience with Wireless/Cellular/Telecom technologies.
- A technical background
- Understanding or the ability to learn the required hardware to build a LTE Network
- General understanding of Wireless/Cellular network connectivity and hardware
- Capability to coordinate with multiple work groups to ensure the proper approvals are received prior to construction process.
- Ability to work in multiple databases to ensure dates, milestones, and critical information is well documented throughout the project.
- Capability to generate reports on critical timelines and pertinent information.
When you join Viaero Wireless ...
Working for one of the leading rural wireless providers in the U.S., at Viaero, you’ll be at the epicenter of a critical project deploying federally mandated state of the art technologies that will benefit First Responder organizations across Colorado and Nebraska. The experience you gain will position you for growth into leadership positions within the company or in organizations across the wireless telecom industry. You’ll be exposed to technologies ranging from 4G, LTE to 5G and beyond. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in expanding their knowledge base and growing their professional network. Unlike many of the larger wireless providers, Viaero Wireless offers a great, family oriented work environment. We understand the importance of employee job satisfaction and always strive to make Viaero an employer of choice.