The Director of Administrative Services is responsible for the direct oversight of administrative and fiscal operations to include oversight of budget and finance, human resources, facilities, business, insurance billing, and safety functions at Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS).
The Director of Administrative Services provides effective organizational leadership and management to meet the SHCS' mission, vision, and goals; create, review and implement effective and consistent policies and procedures and internal financial controls for management and reporting of financial and administrative resources; develops short and long term business and capital plans; establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate quality of the administrative services; participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Executive Director in developing and implementing the overall organizational strategic plan.
Supervises the day-to-day administrative and fiscal operations of the organization including supervision of staff. Assumes leadership of Student Health and Counseling Services in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
Background Check Required:
- Employment contingent upon satisfactory completion of a physical exam by a Occupational Health physician to ascertain clearance from communicable disease and physical ability to perform the duties of this position.
- Employment contingent upon participating in required preventative and medical monitoring programs which may include blood tests, immunizations, TB screening.
- Position may, at times, require employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present.
- Responsible for following health and safety guidelines/instructions.
- Position requires signing a statement of understanding of Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse Reporting Requirement.
- Required to participate in Universal Precautions, bloodborne pathogen, airborne pathogen training and mandatory regulatory trainings.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Health Care Administration,
Business or Public Administration or related field.
- Leadership experience in healthcare administration.
- Leadership and management skills to oversee a large, complex organization with diverse staff.
- Management skills including developing policies and procedures, budgeting, organizational management, facilities management, personnel management, and project management.
- Experience managing and overseeing revenue generation operations.
- Skills to achieve high standards for performance and quality of work product, including clarity, coherence and consistency in articulating an overall vision and direction for the program.
- Strategic thinking, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Skills to lead, organize, and manage major projects from start to fully operational.
- Experience with the launch process of new ventures.
- Negotiation and communication skills to establish effective working relationships and to encourage and achieve consensus when issues involve multiple organizations and impact the institution.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills, to clearly present ideas, policies, procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills to produce high quality documents, policies, and presentations to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Leadership experience in College Health Care setting preferred.
- Masters degree in Health Care Administration, Business or Public Administration (or equivalent) strongly preferred.
- Experience with medical revenue generation, insurance billing.
- Experience with represented staff and contract implementation.
- Experience with complex information technology systems.