Family Promise of Sussex County is looking for part-time and per diem Case Aides to join our Homeless Shelter and Housing Services team. We are looking for team focused individuals with strengths in organization, time-management, data entry, communication, and clerical skills.
The Case Aide provides support to Housing Specialists as they work with clients to stabilize housing and create long-term housing stability. The Aide will assist and carry out clerical activities to support the case manager and provide case support. The Case Aide provides transportation to clients for case related needs.
Responsible to provide paraprofessional support to client services including, but not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with other staff in meeting client needs
- Assist clients in completing intakes
- Exhibit knowledge of various referral resources within the community to meet client needs
- Data input and maintenance utilizing the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), Excel, and other databases as needed
- Case preparation and filing
- Policy and file compliance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Reception and Intake Duties:
- Answer and transfer phone calls using a multi-line system
- Completes intakes following comprehensive guidelines and agency polices for content, format and timeliness
- Welcome agency clients and guests; greeting them in person or on the phone, answer and direct inquiries
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations of the agency
- Perform repetitive tasks while having personal interactions and frequent interruptions
- Complete documentation according to agency comprehensive guidelines, policies, and procedures regarding format, content, and timeline
- Collaborate with staff and clients to build a strong, structured, and professional relationship
- Attend meetings, functions, and trainings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Executive Director
- Requires early morning, evening and weekend work
- All agency staff are responsible to engage in special events and fundraising activities requiring evening and weekend work hours.
- Minimum Associates Degree or business school training with one-year experience working as a case aide, receptionist, or administrative assistant with chronically homeless, disabled, and low-income populations.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing with active insurance
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office 365, and data entry
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Willingness to work collaboratively with Housing Specialists and follow directions for delegated tasks
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $9.50 to $10.25 /hour
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: