LOCATION 9480 Fm 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble TX US 77338
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retail stores in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Shortage Control Lead!
As a Shortage Control Lead you will be responsible for mitigating theft and fraud in high shortage areas of the store while promoting a safe and secure store environment. You will engage with our customers and associates in a manner consistent with our company core values by providing a strong and energetic greeting with eye contact and a smile.
The Shortage Control Lead will be a valuable partner to store and field leadership by assisting in the training and development of the Shortage Control Associates, identifying and reporting theft incidents, and driving shortage education and awareness to all associates. Your confidence, positive attitude, command presence, and expertise in store shortage reduction programs will positively influence behaviors and reduce theft and fraud.
- Provide an effective deterrent to dishonest behaviors throughout the store by demonstrating a command presence through role modeling impression of control, following dress code in the company issued vest and earpiece, demonstrating a positive demeanor, strong posture, and an energetic greeting.
- Maintain a safe and secure store for our customers and associates by with a strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, strong communication, and aligned partnership with store leadership.
- Enthusiastically engage with every customer and associate in areas of the store with highest risk for shortage. These interactions are positive, respectful, and promote a strong impression of control and best in class customer service.
- Display a strong working knowledge of top shortage areas and support programs designed to identify and reduce theft.
- Gather and document indicators of external theft and share with store and field leaders. Network with local law enforcement as directed and support evidence gathering to address large scale or organized retail crime or repeat theft incidents.
- Support store manager by providing internal controls and operational oversight including conducting associate package/bag, monitoring point of sale transactions, conducting store audits, and promoting Asset Protection programs.
- Provide leadership with onboarding and ongoing support of associate training in shortage reduction programs and processes.
- Assist store leadership in the preparation and execution of the semi-annual Inventory process and developing action plans to reduce shortage.
- Role-model behaviors that demonstrate that safety is the top priority.
- Is highly disciplined in managing stressful situations and address unsafe practices at every opportunity.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage, flexible hours, and an associate discount. Burlington's benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage including life and disability insurance. Full time associates may also be eligible for up to 12 days of paid time off annually, up to 8 paid holidays, paid sick time in accordance with applicable law, and a 401(k) plan. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of training and development opportunities so our associates can grow with us.
Our store teams work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2022-194766
Address 9480 Fm 1960 Bypass Rd W
Shopping Center Townsen Crossing Shopping Center
Zip Code 77338
Workplace Type On-Site
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Store Associate
Position Category Store Associate
Min USD $10.00/Hour
Mid USD $11.00/Hour