Full Job Description
Sales Representative for Professional Development Training and Consulting Services
TYPE OF JOB: SALES WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR SALES TEAM LEAD
· Full Time and Part-Time positions are available as an Independent Contractor where you set your own hours
· Pay is commission-based with a guaranteed minimum of $60,000 – $85,000 for full-time positions, depending on your skills, experience level, and responsibilities.
· LOCATION: A home office, or suitable alternative that complies with company standards, is required.
Technical Management Services (tmsworkshops.com) is looking for an experienced, talented and creative Sales Representative to sell Professional Development Training workshops (Leadership, Project Management, Problem Solving, etc.) to the federal government. Familiarity with or selling to government organizations is highly desired.
If you are comfortable developing customer leads, making sales calls each day, closing sales and working remotely from your home office (or acceptable location of your choice), we want to talk to you!
· Your mission is to generate sales through developing contacts nation-wide and calling potential government training department customers to let them know what we do and how we can help them
· Understand customers’ training needs and offer solutions to meet their needs
· Close sales and achieve key performance indicators with minimal supervision
· Liaise with our training instructors and staff via phone and email to ensure they clearly understand your customers' needs
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
· A professional sales-orientation and customer-focus
· Strong listening and communication skills (phone sales expertise)
· Ability to build and maintain a database of prospects through cold calling
· Ability to apply appropriate sales techniques and meet sales goals
· Can think quickly to answer customer questions about how we can meet their needs
· Initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a friendly environment
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in working with government organizations is highly desired
· Previous experience in researching and developing leads is another plus you can bring to this position
· Experience with Dubsado and Dropbox is also a plus
· To get you started with us in a positive, helpful way, you will be trained by our top management staff in a friendly, supportive environment.
ABOUT TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES:
We are a small business that provides a variety of professional development training workshops to the federal government. We have been in business for 30 years and have customers in every federal government agency, most of whom have been with us for more than 10 years.
Since 1990, our customer-centric approach has focused on delivering services and products tailored to each government organization’s precise mission and vision.
TMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform in this job. If this position requires travel, you may be required to pass a drug screen.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $60,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Government Related: 1 year (Required)
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time: