Shoreline Vision is looking for a Front Desk Specialist to join our growing team. Responsible for checking patients in for their appointment. Verifying all demographic and insurance information. Obtaining authorizations as needed. Also, checking patients out at the end of the appointment. Scheduling next appointment, collecting copays and balances.
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner at all times.
- Check patients in for their scheduled appointment. Verify all patient’s demographic information either verbally or with the forms provided. Verify insurance cards and make sure we have correct copy in the system.
- Obtain insurance authorizations as needed for vision insurance or medical insurance.
- Set patients up for the Patient Portal.
- Double checks Patient Data Sheets and New Patient forms to make sure they are entered correctly.
- Schedules patients for future appointments.
- Collect all copays and balances.
- Maintain physician schedules to make sure everything is scheduled appropriately.
- Maintains HIPPA standards and patient confidentially. Adheres to office policies and procedures and works within administrators’ compliance plan standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, & vacation.
- Career experiences that provide employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**
Job Type: Full-time
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts