Work internationally - from home
Are you a teacher, part-time worker, Homeschool parent, Stay at Home parent, retiree, or someone just interested in remaining active in their local community? If yes, then you may be a good fit for the position of Local Coordinator for the STS Foundation Exchange Student Program.
STS Foundation is a Department of State sponsored high school exchange program. We are proud to offer American families the opportunity to become citizen diplomats by welcoming an international high school student into their home. By living as a family member the student learns about the American way of life and host families also experience a new culture.
As a Local Coordinator, you will use your established knowledge of Savannah to locate volunteer host families for our August arriving international students. You will provide monthly program support for the students as they complete their year in America, and provide support to the host family as well. Coordinators must be at least 25 years old, provide excellent recommendations, and possess good community contacts.
This position can be a true opportunity of opening worldwide doors of worldwide cultural understanding right in Savannah.
Main duties of a Local Coordinator:
- Recruit and qualify local volunteer host families
- Represent the STSF program to local high school administrators
- Obtain school acceptance for August arriving exchange students
- Provide DOS compliant supervision of the exchange student during the exchange stay
- Submit monthly student progress reports
- Work mostly from home
- 1099 Contractor
- Freedom to set your own schedule
- Complete and on-going training and support available
- Professional Development
- International travel incentives
- DOS certification. A professional credential.
- Make a difference in the world and your own community.
- Make lifetime friends with students and their families around the world!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Community Outreach: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Student Exchange: 1 year (Preferred)
- Parenting: 8 years (Preferred)