***Position based in Los Angeles, CA. Relocation Assistance Provided! ***
Summary of Opportunity:
Hire Logic is looking for an exceptional Senior Electrical Engineer for our Client specializing in the development of highly active implantable Tech devices. In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment based in Los Angeles, CA, the incumbent will participate in electronic hardware system development lifecycle activities including the design, test development, formal verification, failure analysis and sustaining engineering of the company’s product.
- Work with cross functional teams to establish requirements for, design, implement, troubleshoot and verify electromechanical systems for commercial release in a Class III Medical tech environment.
- Ensuring adherence of designs and processes to applicable industry standards and internal quality system standards is mandatory.
- Routinely interface with other disciplines throughout R&D, Quality, Manufacturing and Purchasing as well as with external vendors and suppliers to balance requirements, performance, schedule and cost.
- Independently understand, execute, and deliver on the electronics related tasks including documentation, design & implementation, packaging and fabrication, hardware debug, test & reporting.
- 10+ years’ experience leading microelectronic product development design projects with demonstrated excellence in related areas of expertise.
- MSc Electrical Engineering degree (or higher) can be an asset, Experience in Class-III medical industry preferred.
- Strong hands on intuition, skill and experience in digital logic, analog circuits, power subsystems, RF challenges and methods, printed circuit board design and hardware debugging involving real time embedded code.
- Design of advanced hybrid RF/analog/digital electronic hybrid systems and technologies requiring schematic design, simulation, modeling, debug, test and verification at the component, board and system level.
- A solid understanding of PCB layout and fabrication processes and experience optimizing PCB layouts for attributes including signal integrity, self-interference and related parasitic phenomenon.
- Familiarity with use of requisite test equipment (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, function generators, power supplies, data acquisition and control systems) and programming thereof for customization and automation of repetitive or timing sensitive test and measurement functions.
- Experienced in rudimentary programming languages and environments (e.g. C, C#, LabView, Python, VisualBasic, etc.) for automation, test and hardware debug.
- Experience with representative circuit modeling programs and techniques (e.g. SPICE).
- Working knowledge in high level digital design languages (e.g. VHDL, Verilog) and their application to FPGAs is an asset.
- Foundational understanding and ability in reliability and verification engineering including fault tree analysis (FTA), failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) and design of experiments (DOE).