Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Patient Engagement Contact Center provides scheduling, intake and various access related phone calls into the Banner Health System. Designed by Banner’s Imagine Transformation, the PECC will consolidate all scheduling and related customer service functions which will allow us to implement standard processes that will support delivery of a consistent, superior experience for anyone who contacts Banner to schedule an appointment. This work effort is core to our mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
This Position is located in Mesa, AZ (Country Club and Brown)
BANNER CORPORATE CENTER – MESA
525 WEST BROWN ROAD
MESA, AZ 85201
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for scheduling across the organization for physicians, medical facilities and medical practices across the system by coordinating all aspects of scheduling including, but not limiting to, facility resources, physicians, authorizations, insurance verification, benefits and setting payment expectations to avoid surprises at the point of service. Using a broad understanding of customer engagement strategies, clinical procedures and company facilities, this position provides patients with an exceptional access experience that is easy, empathetic and differentiated in the marketplace.
- Delivers an easy, empathetic and differentiated patient experience in scheduling medical access through coordination of patients, providers, facility resources, ancillary staff, records, referrals, authorizations and payers. Receives and initiates calls to/from patients, providers, provider offices and facilities for scheduling access to services.
- Effectively schedules appointments, tests and/or procedures leveraging various electronic medical record / scheduling software systems according to protocols established by clinical staff and scheduling standards. Utilizes effective thought leadership in identifying alternative schedule solutions in the event patients preference is not available.
- Obtains patient demographics, insurance information and necessary documents required to secure authorizations, referrals, or other data as determined by various facilities and insurance carriers. Responsible for obtaining quality and accurate data during the intake/registration process. Acquires and documents pertinent patient medical information in accordance with procedural guidelines.
- Provides patients with information, pre and post-test instruction, provides location of appointment and directions. This position answers questions as necessary within guidelines and protocols. Refers questions to medical offices as appropriate. Ensures patient has no surprises at point of service by setting payment expectations, as well as, providing estimated payment detail where applicable.
- Effectively communicates and builds impactful relationships through written, digital and verbal channels with patients, facilities, providers and other clinical colleagues to ensure an easy, empathetic, solution-orientated patient experience, included but not limited to phone, chat, email, electronic medical record messaging and other digital channels. Anticipates patient and provider needs and responds accordingly.
- Solicits, labels, stores and manages scanned documents and orders received from physician offices in the document imaging software system. Ensures that all appropriate documents are received prior to appointments and ensures that orders are compliant with each facilitys policy.
- Where applicable, collects pre-payments and verifies insurance coverage to ensure no surprises and enable patient ease.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Demonstrated ability to provide essential customer service and knowledge in a high paced contact center environment as typically demonstrated with 1 year of experience, preferably in a leading customer service brand, healthcare or managed care. Ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while maintaining a professional solutions / service oriented demeanor at all times. Effective ability in building customer loyalty through a willingness to care for the consumer, as well as, providing an easy experience. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and typing skills.
Excellent communication skills to maintain a positive and helpful attitude with customers, providers and clinic operations. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a sound knowledge of the companys customer information systems, as well as, fundamental knowledge of the organizations benefit programs, as described above. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills to display the ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of benefit-oriented subjects.
Experience in an in-bound call center or scheduler in a practice management environment preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.