Canadian-based hospitality group seeking Human Resources Manager to oversee NYC area businesses. This position would report directly to the SVP of Human Resources and provide HR support to entities operating in the United States (NYC region).
This position will provide consultation and guidance to management, offering a local point of contact for HR matters and services. The main focus of this role will be employee relations and compliance; however, the scope of the role also includes payroll, tax and benefit expertise, communication, and routine general inquiries from both full and part time employees.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or HR, or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 7-10 years HR Generalist experience, preferably in a related industry (Entertainment, Hospitality, Food and Beverage)
- Experience with Part Time and Full Time employees in a Hospitality, Food and Beverage or comparable environment
- Experience within a dynamic environment: building, implementing and strategizing HR processes and procedures
- PHR/SPHR Designation is an asset
- Must have a working knowledge of Federal, State & Local regulations governing employment, as well as benefits, Human Resources and Payroll for full time and part time employees.
- All other States and local regulations governing employment would be considered an asset
- Experience and understanding of payroll processes and requirements is an asset
- Employment based immigration knowledge or experience
- Experience and understanding of confidential information handling and storage
- Solid experience in driving positive employee relations, to include strong problem solving and investigative skills
- Self-motivated, professional, ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change in job duties
- New York HR/Payroll knowledge is required
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare insurance