The Field Sales Representative is a profitable position for up-and-coming sales professionals who are responsible for building relationships with small to mid-size businesses and securing venue space for innovative and award winning advertisements. By achieving volume and distribution targets to expand the Rouge Women’s network throughout the US, the Field Sales Representative will maximize business opportunities in a profitable way while developing long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our top salons and spas.
To apply for this position, please attach a resume and cover letter in a single MSWord or PDF document.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rouge Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type / Category
- As primary owner of a designated territory, conduct research identifying top potential venues to add to the Rouge networks by prospecting new business leads and qualifying new venues to determine potential fit with the Rouge brand
- Manage direct relationships with business owners within assigned territory to identify and secure new digital ad spaces
- Prepare proposals and presentations in support of sales activities
- Effectively plan on a daily, weekly or monthly/quarterly basis, with quota and objectives
- Travel throughout the city introducing yourself to business management and owners, establishing a strong business relationships with key customers and business partners to ensure execution of National media campaigns
- Identify and leverage business opportunities, including new networks and customers through public relations tactics
- Deliver promotional material and payments as a part of campaign management to partners within specific time frames and ensure campaigns operate at the highest standard
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, with 3-4 years of field sales (door-to-door) experience and/or Brand Ambassador experience is preferred
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to work independently and get appointments with local businesses
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong organization skills and follow through
- Solution driven communicator who can present information to a wide variety of audiences in a clear and influential manner
- Strong impact and persuasive skills with the ability to build strong relationships within minutes of meeting someone
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the US where you will gain valuable experience and exposure to multiple markets.
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle for professional use
Rouge Media is a leading North American media company connecting brands with millions of consumers on their daily journey out-of-home. Offering the largest campus coverage in North America through the Rouge Campus Network across 600+ colleges in the US and Canada, a Rouge Women’s Network reaching W18-54 across 3000+ venues, a highly targeted Rouge Men’s network and a Canadian Resto-bar network, Rouge Media provides high impact advertising solutions for brands to reach their consumers.
- We champion collaboration as we all work towards common goals
- We foster accessibility in conversation across all levels of the organization
- We embrace our rookies and make them feel part of Team Rouge right from day one
- We recognize & reward high performance
- We always celebrate victories, both professional and personal
- We encourage creative ideas and we are never afraid to try new things
- We trust each other and foster autonomy to allow for innovation
- We challenge each other to explore boundaries, exchange ideas and be exceptional
- We come together informally for coffee talk, lunches and after work activities
- We come together formally for fun and skill building every quarter
- We are hardworking but never at the expense of our families and personal well-being
- We go casual on Wednesdays and we do half day Fridays in Summer
- We provide the opportunity for exposure across all levels to develop professionally
- We ensure growth is not only vertical, but horizontal, spanning various functions
- We allow for opportunities across all markets as a North American company
- We adopt a growth mind set which drives challenge and opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
- Driver's Licence (Required)