Under direct and constant supervision of a Laboratory Supervisor or Clinical Laboratory Scientist, clinical laboratory assistants are responsible for:
- Receiving and accessioning specimens, including whole blood
- Specimen processing
- Storing and retrieving specimens
- Assisting in specimen testing
- Assisting in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and quality control procedures
- Checking inventory and ordering supplies
- Performing clerical duties
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months related laboratory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical laboratory experience required, including but not limited to customer service, specimen processing, and laboratory support in a hospital or reference laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, such as word processing and laboratory information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of good laboratory practices and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.