Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting the DoD. We’re looking for a systems administrator who specializes in Microsoft's System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to help us design, plan, and optimize SCCM in a large-scale enterprise environment. The candidate will also be able to provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 troubleshooting of any issues related to the SCCM environment, update and maintain SCCM application documentation, and provide custom reporting based on client needs.
As a systems administrator on our project, you’ll apply your expertise in using SCCM for fast-paced compliance reporting, software distribution, and software management. You’ll provide your customers with insight into their network through monitoring and performance management. Your technical expertise will be vital as you identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. You’ll help your team better understand the network by turning metrics into information and explaining their meaning. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like researching, evaluating, and recommending emerging desktop technologies, capabilities, and solutions. We focus on growing as a team, so you’ll share your expertise through leadership and mentoring as you help the team work through challenges and develop new methodologies. As a technical leader, you’ll identify new opportunities to modernize the network to help your customers meet their needs. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve executive communications across the DoD.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 8+ years of experience with systems management tools
- 8+ years of experience with administering Windows
- 8+ years of experience with Windows desktop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Experience with logging service tickets in system tools, including Remedy or ServiceNow to track and troubleshoot tickets
- Ability to conduct in-depth troubleshooting or resolution of failed OS deployment, including working with vendors, such as Microsoft, Adobe, or other Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) vendors
- TS/SCI clearance
- BS degree
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570/8140 IAT Level II Certification, including Security+ and OS
- Experience with supporting DoD systems and DoD compliance requirements
- Experience with a large-scale Windows desktop upgrade
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, or DNS
- Experience with supporting Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, or 2019
- Experience with supporting SQL Server 2012-2016
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with automated deployment to networked workstations
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Experience with ITIL and ITSM configuration and change management processes
- BS degree in IT, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other specialists doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share successful methodologies and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.