Merakey is looking for a Full-time, Behavioral Health Worker to join our MIddleburg, PA Team
- Behavioral Health Worker (BHW) provides comprehensive services as part of the School Based Behavioral Health Team.
- BHW may provide one-on-one interventions to a child or adolescent at school, home, YMCA, emergency room, other community-based programs or community setting when the behavior without this intervention would require a more restrictive treatment or educational setting. Specific techniques such immediate behavioral reinforcement, emotional support, time structuring activities, time-out strategies and additional psychosocial rehabilitative activities as prescribed in the treatment plan.
- BHW are under the supervision of the Mental Health Professional (MHP) assigned to the School Based Behavioral Health (SBBH) team.
- The BHW may at times be responsible for specific interventions to stabilize the child or adolescent, lending support for family efforts to stabilize the child or adolescent and to promote age-appropriateness behavior, by working with the child or adolescent to promote age appropriate behavior.
- The BHW works with other member of the treatment team and other professionals working in the home or other community settings, this includes the family to demonstrate and or train in techniques and interventions as identified in the treatment plan. BHW will work in conjunction with the MHP to develop treatment plan goals and will participate in interagency meetings with the multidisciplinary team.
- The BHW may provide 1:1 support or may provide support to a group of children within the schools setting. BHW will be responsible for working closely with the family and providing case management services as a part of treatment as designated in the treatment plan goals.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Must possess a Bachelors' degree in psychology, social work, or related discipline.
- Must possess two years of experience with children and adolescents in a clinical setting
- Must possess a valid PA driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
- This is a School/Community Based position working in Middleburg
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled