This announcement is being used to fill one vacancy, which is located at the Red River Scale, Moorhead, MN.
This position exists to enforce State and Federal laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of motor carriers, commercial vehicle operations and school bus operations in the State of Minnesota; to audit carrier and shipper records, investigate complaints of alleged violations and educate, train, and advise carriers, shippers, other law enforcement agencies and the general public regarding motor carrier regulations.
The mission of the State Patrol Law Compliance Representative 2 is to provide for the safe and efficient movement of commercial motor vehicles on Minnesota’s roadways through education, assistance and enforcement.
1) Requires basic computer/data entry skills using word processing and spreadsheet software programs to generate documents and records and transmit the information electronically to other locations and personnel
2) Requires excellent interpersonal skills with co-workers and the public, including the ability to conduct interviews with commercial vehicle drivers to determine compliance with regulations
3) Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with the ability to travel, with overnight stays, as required, through the state of MN
4) Successful applicant must have ability to pass and maintain technical certification, with appropriate training, in areas related to commercial vehicle safety regulations (US Department of Transportation - North American Standards certification)
5) Analytical skills and ability to interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations
1) Previous knowledge and experience in the areas of regulatory compliance and commercial vehicle safety.
2) Technical knowledge relating to the operation and mechanical maintenance of commercial motor vehicles.
Requires moving and transporting 100 pounds maximum with frequent moving and transporting objects such as 50 pound bags. This job also requires positioning self to move to a significant degree across rough terrain, under objects or into small spaces, or may involve maintaining a stationary position for extended periods. This job will require strenuous manual labor.
It is the policy of the Department of Public Safety that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment, which includes the following components:
Driver’s license history
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Kara Kreutzer at email@example.com or 651.201.7379.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.