MSNBC is looking for an experienced Senior Producer to be responsible for creating, producing and supervising segments for a new soon to be announced show.
Assist in the supervision of the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show.
Supervise and copy edit segment producers’ scripts.
Coach and mentor show staff.
Write and produce segments on occasion.
Become involved in planning process.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6 years of Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
- Experience in story first journalism approach.
- Experience developing producer talent.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
- Strong writing skills.
- Sound journalistic judgment.
- Knowledge of current events, politics and American history.
- Strong time management skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.