The Jr. Oracle Apps DBA will be hands on administering Oracle EBS suite, Oracle SOA, OBIEE and MS SQL server databases and technologies. Ideal candidate should have in-depth understanding and knowledge of Oracle eBusiness suite R12 architecture and proven technical expertise in maintenance, upgrade and administration experience in Oracle EBS, BPEL, SOA and Fusion middleware. Proven ability and willingness to handle any critical issues during off-hours and to be part of a 24x7 on-call rotation. The IT DBA team is responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of Verint’s Oracle e-Business Suite and related technology solutions such as OBIEE, Hyperion, Discoverer, Quest Stat, etc. The underlying mission of the team is to provide a stable, scalable environment(s) for the business to manage its operations.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Hands-on administering of the Oracle EBS suite, Oracle SOA, OBIEE and MS SQL server databases and technologies.
- Core DBA initiatives and key initiatives such as DB upgrade, capacity planning, backup strategies and day-to-day administration and support.
- Administering Oracle e-Business suite R12 versions preferably 12.2.5.
- BPEL administration, deployment and upgrades.
- OBIEE Administration 11g.
- Perform database migration and database upgrade.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule to provide 24/7 support.
- Perform production releases based upon release management schedule.
- Work closely with technical teams to ensure delivery of database services within the targeted timeframe.
- Proven ability to clone and maintain Oracle eBS environments.
- Ability to read system alerts and troubleshoot issues in oracle eBusiness suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in the IT field with primary focus on Oracle e-business Suite.
- 3+ years’ experience in Database Administration of Oracle e-Business suite.
- 2+ years deep experience in architecting Oracle Fusion Middleware (ESB, BPEL, Web Services) based integrations.
- Presents an approachable style while engaging with others in an effort to build new relationships.
- Ability to search and learn new technologies and transfer knowledge to the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Contract