YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING:
Join OTG as a Chef now and drive a new type of hospitality. Explore career opportunities in a unique hospitality environment with some of the industry's best compensation and benefits, including PTO, Healthcare and a competitive 401k match.
WHAT IS OTG? OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
WHY OTG? By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. Our people drive our experiences, so we offer our crewmembers some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry.
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
Role and Responsibilities
The OTG Chef will be a strategic, innovative leader who will create menus and standards leading to exemplary dining experiences across all dining establishments. While reporting to the general manager/terminal director the Executive Chef will lead and train local culinary teams to provide an exceptional dining experience in all restaurant locations through a variety of innovative systems. Key collaboration with our ever-growing set of world class chef partners gives the CEC an opportunity to work with the best in the business in each local marketplace.
- Develop a culinary plan with short- and long-term goals that ensure high levels of guest satisfaction
- Enhance food quality levels by establishing standards while collaborating on diverse menus to satisfy specific regional preferences
- Provide culinary and service expertise, and operational support to site level culinary and service teams to ensure high quality food service.
- Accountable for training material and processes enabling the delivery of exceptional cuisine
- Address quality and/or service gaps to develop continuous improvement for execution across the entire organization
- Accountable for guest satisfaction reports and develop and execute enterprise wide programs to enrich the overall dining experience
- Research, test, and introduce new/improved products to enhance the overall dining experience
- Establish menus and products that are in line with food cost projections, operational feasibility, quality standards, and guest satisfaction
- Accountable for developing, revising, measuring, and maintaining culinary service standard operating procedures throughout the OTG
- Cultivate and maintain effective partnerships with site level management to execute the culinary and service strategic plan
- Uphold and promote the organization's values, philosophy, ethic, morality, integrity, and code of conduct
- Collaborate and co-develop food service equipment plans that are in line with concept and budgetary goals
- Accountable for knowing and understanding the crewmember handbook and CBA and communicate the OTG policies and procedures with consistency
- Ensure locations achieve COGS targets and maintain proper inventory controls through product rotation and portioning control measures
- Complete all other tasks assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Degree from an accredited culinary institution preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience as the top Chef within a $30 million plus organization
- National, unionized, multi-site experience a plus
- Sound knowledge of FDA and/or major US metropolitan city health code adherence
- Ability to anticipate problems and create innovative solutions
- Highly developed culinary expertise and principles including a variety of ethnic/regional cuisines
- Solid leadership experience in both world-class full-service restaurant environments, plus high-quality fresh food quick service restaurant environments
- Demonstrate expertise in food costing, menu planning, inventory management and procurement
- Guest driven with a focus on quality, service, and overall dining experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction, professionalism, and credibility while adapting the message for each audience.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
OTG Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.