- Works closely with Account Security Officer (ASO) and Segment Security Officers (SSO) to ensure operational security measures are implemented.
- Assesses and mitigates system security risks; determines and analyzes security requirements for implementation and testing.
- Reviews and continuously monitors implemented security controls.
- Creates and maintains security checklists, templates and other tools to aid in the A&A process.
- Performs security control assessment using NIST 800-53A guidance and as per continuous monitoring requirements.
- Performs risk analyses to determine and recommends essential safeguards.
- Proactively mitigates system vulnerabilities and recommends compensating controls.
- Prepares security authorization packages in accordance with the client contractual requirements.
- Develops core documents such as System Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Plan of Actions and Milestones, Remediation Plans, Configuration Management Plan, etc.
- Maintains client-specific Plan of Action and Milestones and supports remediation activities.
- Maintains an inventory of hardware and software for the information system.
- Develops, tests and trains on Contingency and Incident Response planning.
- Conducts independent scans of application, network and database and utilizes Managed Security Services Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT) support as applicable.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 3-5 years’ experience working in a risk management, audit, security or technical delivery role
EDUCATION: Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Computer Studies, Information Security (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
CERTIFICATIONS (One or more desired) - CompTIA Security+ CE, OR; Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), OR; ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR; Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security and CISSP
PREFERRED SKILLS: - Fluent in English, grammar and communication.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to influence OCISO Delivery system stakeholders in the execution of security and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of the security countermeasures and overall RMF and NIST compliance Experience as a Security consultant in Risk and Compliance
- Experience in working with security mgt including information governance and compliance
- Good understanding of Assurance Practices and Risk Management, hands on experience;
- Experience of security processes and standards, in particular NIST 800-series and RMF
- Knowledge of security audit and accreditation processes
- Ability to interpret request for proposal and respond to security and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of Federal Security, industry and market trends.
- Understands federal security and regulations impacting security requirements to develop strategies for supporting internal operations.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year