The Compliance Auditor works under the direction of the Compliance Audit Manager.
This individual will conduct functional audits and transactional monitoring activities and prepare reports summarizing audit results and remediation as agreed with the business functional areas.
The primary functional areas of focus for this role will be consumer-facing marketing, underwriting and credit risk management. This scope may be increased to other functional areas, based on assessed risk within the organization and capacity within the Compliance team.
- Design and perform routine transactional testing in response to identified compliance risks within allocated functional areas.
- Complete risk assessments and audits of allocated functional areas as it relates to compliance activities.
- Track and record of any identified non-compliance or control weakness and the functional area’s responses to these findings.
- Co-ordinate with business management as it relates to audits or monitoring activities to enable the performance of the audit and effective remediation of any identified non-compliance or control weaknesses.
- Collaborate with business management to recommend changes to procedures or practices to ensure compliance.
- Prepare reports of findings and observations that identify, in detail, areas of identified non-compliance and risk areas for non-compliance.
- Assist in the review and audit of third-party service providers.
- Assist in the review and investigation of complaints and reports of non-compliance submitted by regulatory agencies, internal department and business partners.
- Assist in the review of policies, procedures, call scripts, agreements, disclosures, marketing materials and other documentation for compliance with regulations.
- Assist in the documentation all compliance activities in accordance with department policies.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of compliance-related training programs.
- Participate in internal investigations and audits; use findings to develop and strengthen compliance programs.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding all work matters. Performs all duties in a manner that protects confidentiality and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Project Management– Coordinates projects; communicates changes in progress; completes projects on time.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Client interviews –Ability to conduct limited interviews and obtain desired information.
- Oral and Written Expression- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- Oral and Written Comprehension- The ability to listen to, read and understand information and ideas.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited undergraduate program required.
- 2 years of experience in a legal, regulatory, compliance or audit-related position.
- Understanding of/experience with legislation/regulations included in Exhibit A.
- Solid understanding in consumer financial or banking sector, as well as healthcare.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational environment.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to influence others, build consensus and drive change.
- Must have strong research, writing skills and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work within a team and independently are required.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Experience with Adobe Acrobat; Lexis Nexis would be an asset.
- Experience with SQL would be an asset.
- Experience in learning an internally developed system of record would be an asset.
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time, talking, hearing constantly.
- Occasionally lift up to 5-7 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to sit in front of computer monitor (s) daily
- Sitting and or standing for long periods of time
- Noise level: moderate noise level daily in an office atmosphere
- Occasional travel may be required
Cane Bay Partners. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
2205 Church Street, Suite 305, Christiansted, VI 00820
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules