Reporting to the Lead Systems Administration, the Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and standards.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 R2, Windows Active Directory / Azure Active Directory, VMware 6.x, Office365, Nutanix HCI, DNS, and DHCP. Additionally, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, LDAP, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Endpoint Protection. HP 3Par and NetApp enterprise storage would be a plus. This individual will assist senior members of the desktop support team in the administration duties of Windows 7 & 10.
- Designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining an Enterprise server environment.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving customer system problems across a broad range of technologies.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams and run books.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Prepare and update client documentation as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft / VMware certifications highly desired.
- 5+ years’ working experience and advanced proficiency with VMware, Microsoft Client OS, Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory configuration and administration.
- Must have familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory design and deployment experience in various migration scenarios of Active Directory.
- Failover Clustering
- GPO Management
- DHCP Management
- DNS Management
- PowerShell Scripting / Automation
- IIS * Microsoft Systems Center 2012 (desired).
- Configuration Manager
- Operations Manager * 5+ years’ experience in systems & network design & development.
- 5+ years’ experience with virtualization technologies.
- VMware 6.x
- Nutanix HCI * Expert application support experience with MySQL, Apache, MSSQL, IIS, and others.
- Supporting WordPress Sites * Expert knowledge of network and Server operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Cisco, VMWare, and others.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management Platforms.
- Office365 MDM * Knowledge of PCI-DSS compliance.
Desired licenses or certifications:
- Microsoft: MCSE and/or MCSA, Office365, Azure, Server Infrastructure, Messaging
- VMware: ESX vCenter 5.x/6.x
- Cisco: CCNA, CCSA or other network certification
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little to no advanced notice.
- Must participate in an 24/7/365 on-call rotation
- No regular travel required
We seek and encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion or other cultural or physical characteristics, in compliance with Provincial, State and Federal Law. Must be at least 18 years of age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)