TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Software Engineer II, PeopleSoft is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our organization's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) applications mainly Core HR, Benefits and Payroll. This role will require the Engineer to be responsible for developing and maintaining new applications for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM); and providing enhancements to PeopleSoft delivered products in SaaS and Cloud environment as required by our business needs. Will work with end users, Application Development and Product Owner team members to accomplish the design, coding, testing, and implementation of new applications to satisfy business needs. Specific job duties will include developing and supporting PeopleSoft applications mainly PeopleSoft Core Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll and integrating within firewall as well as beyond firewall and translating technical designs into effective, reliable and functional programs; integrating previous technical, business and personal experience and using in-depth qualitative or quantitative analysis to solve problems and propose technology solutions to business problems, which will result in higher operational effectiveness and service to internal and external customers; writing and supporting application messaging from PeopleSoft systems as well as external systems; providing technical support of Production system and assisting with enhancements, writing technical specification in collaboration with business users; and participating in design and code review, and performing unit testing.
Duties include design, application development and systems integration components. The company is in the midst of a significant program to revise its core web-based business services delivery automation systems, migrating to a contemporary, open source technology stack. The Software Engineer II reports to the Manager of SW Engineering, and works closely with Product Management to ensure successful operational deployment of new applications, while maintaining business continuity of existing applications. This is a hands-on technical role, providing the opportunity for distributed systems integration and development; using contemporary open source technologies to build out a state of the art Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits services delivery platform. Strong communication and people skills as well as heavy emphasis on client focus and quality are essential to the success in this position.
- Performs technical oversight and assessment of application and system development projects to ensure technical integrity and compliance with design requirements
- Provides hands-on contributions to architecture, design and code development for critical components of the company’s next-generation client-facing applications, for “always-on” SaaS production services
- Works closely with Product Owners and other stakeholders to develop project plans, and participates in resource planning
- Develops, evaluates, and implements improved processes, methods and tools to continually improve software delivery effectiveness.
- Contributes to the overall strategic vision for the Information Services organization and assists with education and culture change
- Specifies systems architecture, application design, systems integration methods, and data migration tools and techniques
- Coordinates with QE testing staff to ensure comprehensive test coverage, effective performance and load tests, timely resolution of issues, and other actions to assure delivery of quality software
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline
Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
Extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft application development, PeopleTools, Application Engine, SQR, Component Interfaces, Integration Broker/Messaging, SQL, PeopleCode, Query Manager
Thorough understanding of synchronous vs. asynchronous calls
Excellent SQL/PSQL and stored procedure skills
Excellent communication skills via email, instant messaging, conference calls, and in-person
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, an innovator, and proactive in finding solutions
- 7+ year’s hands-on experience with PeopleSoft application development.
- 5+ years troubleshooting PeopleSoft production data and code issues.
- Extensive knowledge of HR, Payroll and Benefits processes. Expert knowledge of Benefits related processes a plus
- Strong design skills with good coding disciplines.
- Experienced in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence a plus
- Understanding of Agile practices such as test driven development and continuous integration.
- Understanding of the PEO business a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills- Ability to interact with all levels of the company with patience, courtesy, diplomacy, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Minimal travel required
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.