We are looking for Internal Auditor to complete in-depth, detail review of General Ledger account reconciliations in order to remediate the issues noted by Internal Audit. Many general ledger accounts are not linked to a sub-ledger system and are supported by excel files. Due to the volume of the accounts and decentralized model currently in place
Review of the high risk accounts, identified those reconciliations are believe to be higher risk. For each of the accounts (or account groupings) identified, we are looking for a team of consultants to perform the following:
- Review current reconciliation
- Re-perform account reconciliation based on information and documentation currently included in the reconciliation.
- Assess if the current source documentation is enough to substantiate the General Ledger account balance.
- Assess if the current source documentation is sustainable and would allow for the detection of potential errors in the future.
- For reconciliations that are supported by an excel spreadsheet, review spreadsheet for formula errors or other errors.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design of the reconciliation.
- When a reconciliation is found to not have sufficient support, work with reconciler and source provider to reconstruct the reconciliation and/or supporting files.
- Review desktop procedures maintained by the reconciler and make recommendations for enhancement as needed
- 3+ years of current and/or recent financial statement audit experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university and licensed CPA in their home office state
- Familiarity with leasing data fields is a must
- Advanced Excel Capability
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio), very strong in excel
- Navigate computer software
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically to Boston, Philadelphia and NY
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $65.00 /hour
- Financial Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Advance Excel: 4 years (Required)
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Data Mining: 3 years (Required)
- Philadelphia, PA (Preferred)